Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a reasonable courier for new website

Options
  • 29-07-2008 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hello,
    I currently run a shop and have yet to dip my toes in E-Commerce. We are getting increasingly asked for website and shipping of our items. I'd love to get cracking, just want to check the feasibility of it with shipping rates. I had a quick look about the net and thought here might be the best place to start. Does anyone know of good couriers for international shipping. Items would genereally be 1 - 10 Kilos., some larger packages awswell of artwork prints so would have to work by dimersional weight. Fastway are fine for Eire, but struggling for international.
    If anyone is currently running either an online site or bricks and mortar shop, could you give an example of rates. When I would buy items online, I could ship 5.5 Kilos for example to Birmingham UK for 19.96, New york 49.96 Euro. But when i check courier site as a member of public, its 5 times that amount.
    Appreciate any help.
    Smyth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Forsaken1

smyth1979 wrote: »
    Hello,
    I currently run a shop and have yet to dip my toes in E-Commerce. We are getting increasingly asked for website and shipping of our items. I'd love to get cracking, just want to check the feasibility of it with shipping rates. I had a quick look about the net and thought here might be the best place to start. Does anyone know of good couriers for international shipping. Items would genereally be 1 - 10 Kilos., some larger packages awswell of artwork prints so would have to work by dimersional weight. Fastway are fine for Eire, but struggling for international.
    If anyone is currently running either an online site or bricks and mortar shop, could you give an example of rates. When I would buy items online, I could ship 5.5 Kilos for example to Birmingham UK for 19.96, New york 49.96 Euro. But when i check courier site as a member of public, its 5 times that amount.
    Appreciate any help.
    Smyth

I have courier and transport contacts that could tell me the rates you are interested in.

I myself do web development & design, so would you need a website to take orders etc. and notify the courier/shipper of end of day orders and such?

I have done systems like this before...
    You can pm me if you are interested.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Foresaken you should read the rules and regulations and boards regarding advertising or looking for work.

Advertisement