Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reservator opinions?

Options
  • 29-07-2008 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭

Im making the jump to water cooling. But I dont like the look of many of the kits out there, but I do like the look of the Zalman reserators in particular the XT Hybrid -
    cpu_cooler_charts_2008_part_ii___zalman_reserator_xt_lights.jpg

Im just wondering if anyone had experience with them or any opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Its not the best by any means. Its fine for a low spec and non overclocked cpu, but dont add on a gpu block or more, it simply wont handle it. As a rule, all in one - out of the box watercooling kits are generally rubbish !

Something like this, although a all in one kit has an amazing price/performance ratio :

http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/product.php?productid=4562&cat=0&page=

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Thanks for the reply Anti

I have an overclocked system so I best leave the reserator aside in that case.

I did like the look of the swiftech h20-120, but id Like something that could cool CPU & GPU (with the option of NB if I wanted to). Ill keep searching

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

YOu would be better off to choose a custom kit if you want to cool all that. Cut up the case to fit a 320mm rad, res, pump, 3 blocks. Mind you, you could probably get all that for 250£ or cheaper if you shop around.

Advertisement