Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PGDE - need help!!

• 29-07-2008 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

I am currently doing my Degree and am looking for advise for the PGDE. Is it difficult to get into? What QCA must I achieve to be considered?? Also, I have heard that I can do another form of it in England which is accepted in Ireland, is easier to get into, and which is also a better qualification in fact. True or false???? Thanks guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭HoneyButterfly

Hi,
    as with anywhere...one college will be more difficult to get into than another, Oxford etc in England, and Trinity in Ireland. So its not easier to get into However, saying that, there are far more Universities in the UK that offer the PGDE so in that aspect, the odds may be with you. The system over there is the GTTR, its a part of the UCAS (like Irish CAO). You can only pick 2 universities on your application, if you are not successful with either of them you go into their clearing system, where you have a good chance of getting a place if you just persist. However the clearing might not start until June of July. (The closing date for applications having been the previous December, so its a lot of waiting)
    The way it works is, say you're first choice is Edinburgh, if you are unsuccessful there, then and only then will you're second choice receive your application. So that could be around Feb. But if you get in their early with your application you have a much better chance.
    Its not a betterqualification, but its more widely recognised, as with any UK university qualification, so in that aspect, I would consider it a better qualification. Its also shorter. The course I'm doing is 9 months. Others in Ireland were 18??

Advertisement