Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telephone MasterPlug

Options
  • 29-07-2008 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Ok had a lighting strike on house last night did a lot of damage to things but i wanted to find out where do you get the masterplug thing eircom install into houses? Just the bottom part cover to be exact it was blown. BT who i am with will have nothing to do with it as they say its internal wiring not their problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Contact Eircom and they should be able to help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Unfortunately, if you are with BT, eircom can't help you as they do not have your account. BT are supposed to contact eircom on your behalf.

BT are a total pain in the --- to deal with on issues like this. Frankly, I don't know how they still have customers.

The NTU is most definitely not part of your internal wiring, it's the demarkation point between the eircom network and the internal wiring in your house and it's property of eircom plc

You cannot buy an NTU socket in the shops and you are not supposed to replace it yourself.

I would simply tell BT that your line's been struck by lightening and that it is not working. Send an eircom engineer.

If they won't do that, make an official complaint in writing and give them 5 working days to respond (state this in the complaint).

If that won't work, contact comreg immediately.

Personally, given the number of reports of lousy customer service from BT on here, I would simply disconnect from them and move back to eircom. There are plenty of other phone companies out there who actually do care about their customers and have an interest in providing service. BT seem to only care about sales, then once you're in contract with them that's it they have you and they don't provide any further help.

If you're in a BT minimum contract and they insist that you continue it, tell them you do not have a working phone line and that they're responsible for its repair.

If they persist, take them to small claims court for breech of contract. It's a very simple and cheap procedure. They'll quite likely not bother to turn up and will just drop your contract.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/justice/courts-system/small_claims_court

Also, give Joe Duffy a ring and let them have it on air.

I really think this kind of behaviour is totally unacceptable from any phone company at this stage.

Do they seriously expect a customer to rewire their own phone line?!

I mean what's next? We're not responsible for the wire that runs to your house. I suggest you get a ladder and some climbing gear!?:confused:

There are times when I seriously wonder what kind of a complete joke of a country we live in. ComReg ought to be regulating this kind of thing but seem to be incapable of doing anything.

Also, might I suggest that you email your local Green Party representative and ask him/her to make a representation on your behalf to the Minster for Communications (Eammon Ryan TD) who is a Green Party member. He needs to be made aware of this kind of utter nonsense that customers are expected to put up with.

His own website : http://www.eamonryan.ie/v2/index.php

Advertisement