Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn rotivated/reseeded

Options
  • 29-07-2008 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of getting someone in to rotivate, flatten and reseed my lawn - wondering if anyone has any rough ideas on cost for it? It has grass at the moment but its in very bad shape and no matter how much we feed it, cut it etc it doesn't help so have decided to start again! We did put weedkiller down on half of it that killed off the grass but just haven't had time to do anymore with it so decied to get someone in.
    The garden itself is approx 150m2 (an L shaped back garden).

Anyone any ideas roughly how much I should expect to be paying?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Best of luck getting smeone to do it. We live in north Kildare and have been trying for 12 months to get someone to do ours (about 1/2 acre). Of 25 landscapers we've called, 20 never called us back, 3 came and viewed the lawn and said they'd call us with a price but never did and 2 said they'd leave it as is. Now its mostly weeds and nettles cut down with little grass, its also full of ruts, rabbit holes, hills and hollows and therefore desparately needs to be done. However, no joy for us. We are now thinking of getting a local farmer to turn it over and then I'll rotavate it level it and seed it myself. Much hard work but at least it'll be done right!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Looks like we might have gotten lucky so...... had a recommendation of a guy from a friend - he called to see it today and gave a quote of 450eur for the whole lot which we're delighted with! Is spraying the weedkiller over it all as we speak and will come back in two or three weeks when its all dead to finish it off.
    In Waterford though so recommendation probably isn't much good to you.

Advertisement