Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offered a Sako 75 varmint.

Options
  • 29-07-2008 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭

I was offered a Sako 75 varmint 65x55 today for €1000. It's about 4 years old and fired about 750 rounds and is in great condition.

BUT I realy wanted a CZ varmint kevlar in 223 that I can buy for not much more $$$$$$$$$$$$

What to do :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Clive , Dude IF your going to shoot lots of deer and lots of targets and can afford €1.20 per bullet get the 6.5. On the other hand if you want to shoot foxes ,rabbits and targets and only pay €0.60 per bullet with a far greater choice in ammo go the CZ!!:D:D:D The sako is nice, but if you only see it 5 times a year it aint worth in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Clive , Dude IF your going to shoot lots of deer and lots of targets and can afford €1.20 per bullet get the 6.5. On the other hand if you want to shoot foxes ,rabbits and targets and only pay €0.60 per bullet with a far greater choice in ammo go the CZ!!:D:D:D The sako is nice, but if you only see it 5 times a year it aint worth in.

I know your right. I've been looking at that CZ for weeks now and I'll mainly be shooting the rabbits and foxes, with a bit of target thrown in too.

It just the Sako seems such a good offer.
    BUT a good deal is only worth it if I need the good deal for the gun I want.
    I think I'll put money down tomorrow on the CZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

If that Sako was in .308 or .243 I'd be very very interested

Sako 75 varmint is a nice bloody rifle.

You're right though clive, it is hard to pass up good deals when they come along.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Clive id have to agree with fish slapped, you will get alot more use out of the .223. I know its tough to give up on a great deal but you have to look to the long term and how much use you would get out of the Sako 75 varmint 65x55.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

I'd say go for the sako if its in anyway decent knick.Their a very popular rifle over here so you should have no problem shifting it on later down the road.I've never owned a 6.5 before but people I know have and they have nothing but good things to say about them.Alot of the 'cheap' ammo for the .223 is fmj crap that I would'nt use on live game and is too inaccurate for any serious target practice.Go with the 6.5 it's a more versatile round than the .223 for Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Clive,

There was a varmint sako 75 in .243 in the for sale section. I've got one in .308 and they are quite good

OK it's a done deal I paid for the CZ 223 varmint from Stakelums Urlingford today. :D
    Applying through Kilkenny Garda station on Sunday for the license to the new Super.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

clivej wrote: »
    OK it's a done deal I paid for the CZ 223 varmint from Stakelums Urlingford today. :D
    Applying through Kilkenny Garda station on Sunday for the license to the new Super.:eek:

What price clive if you dont mine me asking ???

What price clive if you dont mine me asking ???
    YHPM

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Saddlebags

I would be very interested to hear how you get on with that.

• Advertisement

Saddlebags wrote: »
    I would be very interested to hear how you get on with that.

I think I'm one of the first to apply for a 223 license here.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Saddlebags

Noooo, AFAIK all others have been refused there! Do your homework(reasons to justify) when you apply! Maybe the new guy is more reasonable than the last.Good luck.

Saddlebags wrote: »
    Noooo, AFAIK all others have been refused there! Do your homework(reasons to justify) when you apply! Maybe the new guy is more reasonable than the last.Good luck.

Sorry ment to say first to apply to this new Super.

Advertisement