Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pretty Woman

Options
  • 29-07-2008 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

hi ladies

i have just started watching pretty woman. which scene/ line was your favourite and why??

i'm thinking and i really can't think of one. there was so many:p. i love the scene where she goes back to the shop that refused to help her when she is all dresssed up and makes a show of them. very classy!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭dreamr

has to be the scene where shes eating breakfast, and everytime the camera changes so does what shes eating and the amount shes eating!!

cracks me up everytime!

One of my best manly friends loved that film and when we were teenagers we used to cheer ourselves up with a Preety woman night in.
    :)

He has Julia Roberts issues these days though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭dreamr

Moonbaby wrote: »
    He has Julia Roberts issues these days though.

what kind? like he goes out and tries to find hawt hookers?

dreamr wrote: »
    what kind? like he goes out and tries to find hawt hookers?

lol....no he can't stop associating her with smuggling small furry creatures under your armpits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Jayz saw pic of her in a swimsuit the other day.

Shockin.

Age and the effects of childbirth will claim us all :(

• Advertisement

Peared wrote: »
    Jayz saw pic of her in a swimsuit the other day.

Shockin.

Age and the effects of childbirth will claim us all :(

Yep...I was looking at site of real womens boobs recently.
    Adoption ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Ah there is... ickle babas.

Although..boobs.

Hmm.

I like my boobs.

Gonna lose em anyway though sooo...

I pick babies!

What website btw?

Edit Ah moonbaby, too quick an edit, my post makes no sense now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I find it difficult to see past the whole prostitution thing, and the attempted rape, in the film - and prefer my escapist, romantic comedies a little more fairy tale.

That said, Julia Roberts did look luminous in it, she has a great smile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

I love the bit where Vivienne goes back into the uber-posh boutiques looking fantastic and laden down with shopping bags and gives them the whole "remember me? well big mistake -huuge mistake" bit. Oh, oh and the part where she comes out of the room dressed for the opera looking a million dollars in her red dress and beaming smile. Sigh. Ya gotta love it
    :):):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Seriously I wonder how many gullible young girls went into prostitution after watching that movie?

Street hooker meets billionare who overlooks the fact that he bought her to have sex with, and thereafter lives happily and expensively ever after....

Always hated that movie, made the life of a streetwalker look glam to 12 year olds.

Yes, I know, a bit serious.........but not a fan.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ah I doubt it would have caused a significant number of girls to become prostitutes - that's like the whole violent movies causes violence argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Dudess wrote: »
    Ah I doubt it would have caused a significant number of girls to become prostitutes - that's like the whole violent movies causes violence argument.

One girl is significant.

But even if it was no girl, I hate the very premise of the movie - not popular I know, but there you go.

And you would be amazed how easily young kids will accept the glamourization of almost anything, never mind a Julia Roberts type prostitute, after all, there are many young girls who aspire to be another Jordan....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Always hated that movie, made the life of a streetwalker look glam to 12 year olds

Who let their 12 year old watch it then?? :eek:

Sure she's a hooker, and they do be doin the rudey on the bed all nakey and then on the piano!

Tut tut tut

I watched it when I was 12 and I hated it :)

But those kinds of movies were never my thing... to a degree. I love movies like Mean Girls, Romy & Michele's High School Reunion, Clueless - it's great to see bitches get their comeuppance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Guys topic please, if ya wanna go and start a thread on prostitution go right ahead.

My favourite bit is actually a piece of music, Songbird by Kenny G, please dont laugh. The part where he comes home from work and she is sitting there wearing only a tie. Love that piece of music and of course the bit where he snaps the lid of the necklace box on her hands and she laughs!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

Kit: "A name, the pressure of a name.........Cinda-f**kin-rella"

Always loved that bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Don't like the film, I prefer my fantasy films to have more fanastical elements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

oh i love the part in the film where vivenne is in waiting for the lift and says "oh hunny i have a run in my panty hose, oh i forgot i'm not wearing any". such a great line. "colour me happy there is a sofa in here for two!!". :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

I'm not mad about the film either. Something about the story just doesnt sit too well with me.

I quite like Mean Girls, Cruel Intentions, Clueless and similar films though. They can be quite clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Julia Roberts + Thigh High Boots = Quality. Easily my favourite bit of the movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

I like when she is in the black cocktail dress at the business dinner and is trying to eat the clam (??).

She was a total beauty in that movie....

I've never been able to see the beauty of Julia Roberts' face - I actually think she's very plain and often downright unattractive. That's just my opinion.

Great figure, legs and hair though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

I've never seen it!

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

oh what a ridiculous film. it's as bad as the waste of a film. . ah whats it called. . you know the one with patrick Swayze?? dirty dancin. thats it. What a load of crapology.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Dont understand why people are posting to say they havent seen it or they dont like the movie?? Whats that contributing to the discussion????

:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

SarahSassy wrote: »
    Dont understand why people are posting to say they havent seen it or they dont like the movie?? Whats that contributing to the discussion????

:confused::confused:

+1
    The OP's question was asking what your favourite scene from the movie was and why. What all the negative comments have to do with this I'd love to know. The thread is clearly directed at those who enjoyed the movie, anything else is completely off-topic. Anyway... I love that dinner scene too SarahSassy, she looked incredible in that black evening dress. A true natural beauty if there was ever one

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cobweb

I like the bit where Richard Gere goes to offer her jewellery in a box but as she reaches for it he snaps it shut and she shrieks and laughs in her recoginable signature way

Apparently it wasn't supposed to occur that way but Richard Gere was being funny and it looked so good they kept it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

My FAVOURITE movie ever! Best part has to be when she turned up looking glam in the red dress, and also when she goes back to those sales assistants!!

Love it!

Advertisement