Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! VIP guide

• 29-07-2008 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I am taking VIPs from other countries to Cliff of moher,connemera, burren etc. I am not very familiar with the areas.Can anybody help with best focal points?
    They are staying in Adare. I am not sure how much I can cover in one day?.I know we can't stop too often because of the time frame. Can anybody suggest luxury restaurants on the way back from Galway to Adare? Or Does Adare Manor hotel offers best food? They are not ordinary falks. please don't recommend ordinary value restaurant.
    Can anybody recommend half day tour around Adare?many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭palaver

Why would you want to guide VIPS if you don't have a clou? And what is a luxury restaurant in your world? Overprized Fish&Chips? Caviar & pommes royale?

And what makes them to "not ordinary folks"? Aren't they fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, heal'd by the same means, warm'd and cool'd by the same winter and summer? Don't they **** on ordinary toilets? (courtesy to Billy Shakes)

If your folks want to experience the real Ireland, give them pub grub, let them mix with ordinary folks at the ever so gentrified Cliffs of Moher, let them get stuck on the coast road around Fanore, let them admire the beauty of Gort, enjoy the friendliness of Limerick, buy tacky quality stuff in Bunratty - or just ghettosize them in Adare Manor where they are not forced to mix with peasants and can gorge on culinary fineries and play a round of golf.

Oh, lest we forget: There is always the chance to have afternoon tea with the Lord of Glin Castle ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Enzo's in Lahinch would be a good start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭MickH503

BOBBY wrote: »
    Enzo's in Lahinch would be a good start

Ahhh ... Enzo's curry chips ... mmm :D

A bit more upmarket might be The Mustard Seed just out the road from Adare in Ballingarry - great food and a great place to spend the night too!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kilmurray

palaver wrote: »
    Why would you want to guide VIPS if you don't have a clou? And what is a luxury restaurant in your world? Overprized Fish&Chips? Caviar & pommes royale?

if I don't have to guide them I would arrange tour with a private travel agent. I can see the hospitality of Ireand from your kind advise. Please expand the culinary world of your own.Fish and chip is English dish not Irish! I want take them to authentic Irish restaurants not the cafes around corner from tourist spots.

They ARE staying in Adare Manor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Less Irish hospitality but Irish smartarsery. This poor guy has to impress his clients. Who knows? They could be the Swedish womens volleyball team. I wouldn't take them to Enzos.

Cliffs of Moher Tourism Office
    065 – 7081171

Ennis Tourism Office
    065 – 6828366

I'm not sure of the exact details so try ringing either of those numbers. They'll give you the number of a guide to show you around the Burren. They'll get more out of it that way because you need someone to explain the history of the sites and point out the flowers and such. Easy to get lost without a guide as well.

There are quite alot of good upmarket restaurants around the area. The guide or tourist office should be able to advise about those. The Mustard Seed mentioned above has an excellent reputation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 kilnamona

Kilmurray wrote: »
    Please expand the culinary world of your own.Fish and chip is English dish not Irish!

And Adare Manor is more english than Irish.
    I think you've got an inferiority complex. You'll take them to see the natural attractions of Clare but you want to spare them from having to mingle with the real people of Clare.
    I'd say Enzo's is too good for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

The guy asked a question. Said many thanks. Nobody offers a useful reply. No point in getting antagonistic with the guy.

And your all wrong. Mr. Enzo is Italian. :D

I started similar threads in different regions of Ireland. I got very kind replies and recommendations from other part of Ireland ecxept Clare/Limerick region. I still thank those people for their deep interest on promoting the tourism of Clare/Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Might be a little off your route but The Black Oak is just 5 mins from Lahinch, and is an excellent restaurant. If you get there before dark, it has super views of the sea.

Also Moy House is nearby it and also posh (moreso), but not sure of the quality of the grub tbh. (can only imagine it to be very good)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

• Advertisement

Thanks they look great. Would you know any pubs offering irish music night on Wed near Adare? I booked them at the Bunratty castle banquet on Thursday. I just need to sort out Wed. Can anyone compare cliffs of Kilkee and Cliffs of Moher? and 20 mins ferry crossing of Kilrush from Tarbert? is it worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Kilmurray wrote: »
    Thanks they look great. Would you know any pubs offering irish music night on Wed near Adare? I booked them at the Bunratty castle banquet on Thursday. I just need to sort out Wed. Can anyone compare cliffs of Kilkee and Cliffs of Moher? and 20 mins ferry crossing of Kilrush from Tarbert? is it worth it?

Cliffs of Moher would be better that the Cliffs in Killkee imo
    There is a brand new tourist centre etc at the cliffs of moher and the actual cliffs are bigger and have more of an awe factor

That Ferry to tarbert actually goes from killimer which about 5/6 miles from Kilrush roughly. Unless you are goin to travel to tralee or something there is not much in tarbert tourist wise. The only bonus with the ferry is that sometimes dolphins/purpoises swin along side it which is pretty cool but rare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

Dromoland Castle is a lovely place for afternoon tea, which your guests might like to visit. Website below:

http://www.dromoland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    Cliffs of Moher would be better that the Cliffs in Killkee imo
    There is a brand new tourist centre etc at the cliffs of moher and the actual cliffs are bigger and have more of an awe factor

Yes I agree the Cliffs of Moher would be the best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Nothing wrong with taking a drive on the Kilkee cliff road either if you were passing nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭midgetflynn

I'd say the Cliffs of Moher as well,didn't know there were the Cliffs of Kilkee as a tourist destination!
    If you do decide to go to the Cliffs of Moher and are interested in getting some pub food,I'd recommend Vaughan's in Liscannor,which is about 5 mins or so from the Cliffs.Food is very nice,upscale pub food and the pub itself is an oldfashioned pub,one selling tins of beans and stuff.but it's very nice

Advertisement