Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Translators & Languages (Moved from Teaching/Lecturing)

Options
  • 29-07-2008 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I may as well keep this post short for now, until I get it posted to the right forum. I can't find where I should post this.
    Anyways, I have briefly done technical translations in the past and would like to delve into it again (Italian to English docs), on a small scale at first,
    Anyone know any good sites where I could register etc?

Barry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Esmereldina

BarryCreed wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I may as well keep this post short for now, until I get it posted to the right forum. I can't find where I should post this.
    Anyways, I have briefly done technical translations in the past and would like to delve into it again (Italian to English docs), on a small scale at first,
    Anyone know any good sites where I could register etc?

Barry

http://translatorsassociation.ie/content/view/1/4/. This is apparently the official Irish association of translators - I'm not a member or anything so I'm not sure how much use they'd be to you for finding work initially. I'm actually looking to get involved in freelance translation myself (Italian to English but not necessarily technical), so if you you have any look or get any more ideas, let me know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭baglady

just ITIA. the liink listed above. There are translation companies you could try get a job with, like merril brinks, but only like 2% of applicants get it, but hey you could be in the 2%! google is your friend too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Tableman

just ITIA. the liink listed above. There are translation companies you could try get a job with, like merril brinks, but only like 2% of applicants get it, but hey you could be in the 2%! google is your friend too.

I was always under the impression that you are guaranteed a job somewhere if yu are fluent in a european langauge. Is this not the case?

Advertisement