Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw GM Spoiler

• 29-07-2008 11:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭

I didn't get to watch raw this week, but from reading reports, the GM being announced as Adamele made me laugh, a lot, and as i was reading them in work, it was even funnier.

But here's why i think its good, yes thats right, good!

Ok for one, we all seem to cringe when mike announces wrong and love repeating some of his lines, many of them have become so recognizable lately we should expect to see "Jamaican me crazy"on a shirt soon.

But one thing, commentators are only aimed at true marks, to us "smart marks", we dont really need them.
    But then we always have the colour commentator who gives US a little something.
    Then along comes Mike...

And EVERYTHING changed, either his gimmick as a bumbling idiot commentator was in fact, a gimmick or was him being himself, whichever way, people took attention.

My beef is that adamele wont be a ground breaking GM, he wont be a super heel (bishoff) or he wont be a fan favourite(Foley, yeah i know).
    But he will be special, these are exciting times to be a smark my friends, enjoy it, these occorences only happen rarely!

*EDIT* To reiterate, i'm hoping if adamele plays the same character he did as a commentator, it could be entertaining!

Adamele: Love, Hate or doesn't bother you 6 votes

Love
    0% 0 votes
    Hate
    33% 2 votes
    Don't care
    66% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for the moment till I see more of him....(I don't watch ECW)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I don't think he's going to be around that long. They'll give him the usual scripted bad lines to say, wrestlers will make fun of him, etc. It's cool that they're doing something new, I'll reserve judgment for the moment though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

I didn't vote in your poll, because i agree with Fozzy that it's too soon to go either way.
    I actually just wrote this about the whole thing in an article...

Mike Adamle
    Holy Christ! What a turd of an announcement. You could hear the horrifying sizzle in people’s pants as Shane-O-Mac dropped this stench-beast of an trouser sandwich. Adamle was good in his bit-part though. When he sort of tugged Cena’s arm, and said, “c’mon John”, his delivery was first-class.
    However, while Mike did well ( I CANNOT BELIEVE I JUST TYPED THAT), and may have heel potential (NOR THAT!), the announcement of him being the new General Manager, killed the more important moment, that Cena would face Batista at the PPV. And after an entire show’s worth of hype, not to mention the previous indications in the weeks gone by…. Bit of a let-down boys. I’ve kept it out of scraps though until we see were this goes.

Advertisement