Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a Turbo Trainer..

Options
  • 29-07-2008 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

.. for around the e200 mark. Just not really getting out enough and I would like the option of putting in an hours workout if I get the chance.

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I have one of these and it does the job grand.
    Still available in Cycleways where I bought mine a few years ago.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Hermy wrote: »
    I have one of these and it does the job grand.
    Still available in Cycleways where I bought mine a few years ago.

I have the same, it's a Tacx Cycleforce Swing T1460 Cycletrainer. Bought it at http://www.bike24.com/ got it 2 years ago for 174,00 EUR. I used it a few times, but got bored. I am determined to use it regularly this winter though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

To be honest it is often the summer you might want a trainer for, we have been having very dry winters. When the nights start rolling in I move to getting up just before dawn- there are only a couple of months where you can't get a good amount of cycling in. Depends where you work/live but even with just an hour I get out (I am fortunate to work in Sandyford so I can get up the mountains quickly and not too many traffic lights, wouldn't work too good if you were in the city centre.)

blorg wrote: »
    To be honest it is often the summer you might want a trainer for, we have been having very dry winters. When the nights start rolling in I move to getting up just before dawn- there are only a couple of months where you can't get a good amount of cycling in. Depends where you work/live but even with just an hour I get out (I am fortunate to work in Sandyford so I can get up the mountains quickly and not too many traffic lights, wouldn't work too good if you were in the city centre.)

So Blorg, Morning weekdays winter Boards spins??? I'll be up at the crack of dawn this winter for my daily spin I think, and at the gym after work ( yea yea ... I need to get life ). Next season I am going to kick butts ... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I have the same, it's a Tacx Cycleforce Swing T1460 Cycletrainer. Bought it at http://www.bike24.com/ got it 2 years ago for 174,00 EUR. I used it a few times, but got bored. I am determined to use it regularly this winter though :)

Ms Caroline, could you please report to the principal's office. What's this I hear about distracting hunnymonster for long periods of time with new (to her) bike sites?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I can think of nothing more fun than cycling for an hour and ending up in exactly the same place that I started.

When the winter comes around I'm going to try and get out during lunchtime. I usually work a four day week so I should be able to get out during the day off too.

Ms Caroline, could you please report to the principal's office. What's this I hear about distracting hunnymonster for long periods of time with new (to her) bike sites?

Want another one? http://www.passoni.com/en/collezione-toprace.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I’ve a Tacx Flow at home.
    I think I got it working about it about once but I certainly never used it for a workout. Damn my procrastination! :(

My employer pays for my gym so I do the spin classes a few days a week. And tbh I don’t have much discipline so I wouldn’t push myself so hard without someone there with me. Spin classes are great though.

You can have if you want Andy, pm if you do. I don’t know where you’re located though.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

micmclo wrote: »
    I’ve a Tacx Flow at home.
    You can have if you want Andy, pm if you do. I don’t know where you’re located though.

A very generous offer, this is the sort of thing you love about the boards cycling community. I'm in Donnybrook and can collect anywhere (within reason). Once again a big thanks for all your contributions!

Got a few pm’s on this.

You’re like a pack of wolves pouncing on any freebies. :pac:
    It’s goes to the OP, if that falls through then next in line. That’s aidan.offbeat and so on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

penexpers wrote: »
    I can think of nothing more fun than cycling for an hour and ending up in exactly the same place that I started.

When the winter comes around I'm going to try and get out during lunchtime. I usually work a four day week so I should be able to get out during the day off too.

Turbos are essential. Nevermind weather and light issues - there are sessions that just aren't safe to do on the road that you can happily and safely do on a turbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I disagree that they are essential, there are a lot of people here not training for racing. In those cases you can get as much cycling in on the road as you have the stomach for. Training for racing I can indeed see your point.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Whilst doing some online research last night I came across the Tacx Satori, nice piece of kit. It was e176 on CRC and e212 on Cyclesuperstore. Even for a shop thats a huge differential and I hope it serves as a warning to check out all the competion first.

Gone to AndyP who was the OP in fairness
    Sorry to those of ye who pm'ed me.

Advertisement