Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query on Sculptures on Enfield - Athlone Motorway

• 29-07-2008 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hi All,

Im just wondering where can I find information on the 2 structures on the Kinnegad - Athlone motorway.

The first one is located near the toll booth at the enfield exit, the second one is the 6 phases of the moon located just before the Rochfortbridge/Rhode exit

I cant find any information of the NRA website

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

Dont know about the first one but the secound is supposed to depict a family crossing the bog during the famine .
    The posts are bog oak i cant find the reference online .There is an information board in the layby near it.

The ones near the toll booth do you mean the circular yokes with the holes in . I have often wondered what these are about .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Luuca

Thanks for the information Andy

I read somewhere that they have no real meaning, just there to alert the driver that they should be actually watching the road rather than daydreaming - something that can happen to any motorist on a long boring drive.

There's supposed to be another one near Moate, but I haven't seen it yet.

edit : http://www.nra.ie/Publications/DownloadableDocumentation/Environment/file,3481,en.pdf see page 19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭abitlonely

The ones between Enfield and Kilcock look stupid and really take away from the view travelling west.
    As far as I know, they are actually 'art'.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭nolly23

There's supposed to be another one near Moate, but I haven't seen it yet.

[URL="http://"][/URL]

The one near Moate is a metal statue/sculpture of a skinny warrior woman figure. But it is located off the slip road into Moate/Horseleap so you cant actually see it from the new road.

• Advertisement
Advertisement