Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to mod a Phat PSP

Options
  • 29-07-2008 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭

that has 3.95 on it.
    Where should I go?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

Use that button "Search this Forum" and you may find your answer. It might be on the first page of threads even in this forum.
    Amazing!!!!!!!

Like this post here:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55662885&postcount=5

Amazing what searching can discover.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

sarcasim FTW :pac:

I'm sure somebody here could help you out if you dont want to buy a pandora battery

EDIT: Infact im sure even mr sarcasim would do it if you were nice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Rekop

okidoki987 wrote: »
    that has 3.95 on it.
    Where should I go?
    Cheers

Your only option is a "pandora's battery" and making a "magic memory stick" this is totaly legal as your only modifying your property and not using any copywrited material.

I made my own....it involves opening your battery and desoldering a pin or you can cut the pin. But download the files to make your memory stick compatable first.

If your serious about it you could do it all in under and hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭conti

Rekop wrote: »
    it involves opening your battery and desoldering a pin or you can cut the pin.

You could make it alot easier for yourself if you know someone who already has a custom firmware psp. You can use their psp to format the bios in the battery which converts it to pandora's battery. It even gives you the option of backing up the BIOS for later recovery. Once you're done you can use your own psp to format it back to normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Rekop

conti wrote: »
    You could make it alot easier for yourself if you know someone who already has a custom firmware psp. You can use their psp to format the bios in the battery which converts it to pandora's battery. It even gives you the option of backing up the BIOS for later recovery. Once you're done you can use your own psp to format it back to normal.

I'd say if he had a friend with cfw his psp would have it by now ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I have a PHAT 3.95 PSP &
    a mate has a slim 3.8 firmware.
    I want them to have CFW.
    I have access to a CFW (3.52) PSP.
    Haven't a clue and probably not much point in reading post/forums etc
    as I'll make a horlicks of it.
    If someone can put cfw on the 2 and update the 3rd one or if someone can show me how to do it myself, I'll pay the going rate.
    If you can't swim.............
    Would prefer a Southsider.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

Can't get any easier than this guide:
    http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3780

Remember all the programs are run on the CFW 3.52 M33 PSP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

They are less likely to nick them :p

If you dont want to do it yourself do yourself a favour and take a trip up to Onagrite, he know his stuff and give him a few euro for his troubles. He should have all 3 of them running 3.71 cfw in about 10 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

I have a PHAT 3.95 PSP &
    a mate has a slim 3.8 firmware.
    I want them to have CFW.
    I have access to a CFW (3.52) PSP.
    Haven't a clue and probably not much point in reading post/forums etc
    as I'll make a horlicks of it.
    If someone can put cfw on the 2 and update the 3rd one or if someone can show me how to do it myself, I'll pay the going rate.
    If you can't swim.............

I'll do it for you

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

conti wrote: »

THats what I use

• Advertisement
Advertisement