Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a new PC, thoughts?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

That shares a lot og components with the creative sound cards. Creative still haven't released vista drivers for their current range of cards meaning that you can't use a lot of features under vista. I'd say you'll have the same problem with the auzentech.

Yeah, it seems they do use the same drivers alright. Damnit. :(

This is tricky, I've had problems with Creative's drivers before when using XP, so that's something I definitely want to avoid on this PC, and there doesn't seem to be much choice on hardwareversand either.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

There's the asus xonar range but last I checked hardwareversand don't have them.

Would you have any reviews of the Asus Xonar cards you could link me to? I don't mind ordering the components seperately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Would you have any reviews of the Asus Xonar cards you could link me to? I don't mind ordering the components seperately.

Here are reviews for both the Asus Xonar DX and Asus Xonar D2X.

Thanks Rsaeire, reading those now. ;)

I'm still wondering if it's advisible to have hardwareversand assemble the components for me?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Save yourself the €20. You've built pcs before so there's no real point.

Save yourself the €20. You've built pcs before so there's no real point.

Well for the sake of €20 I wouldn't mind the convenience, but would there be any concerns of shipping a fully build PC over well packaged components?

Oh, and I think I've made my mind up about the Sound Card, I'll go ahead and order the PC without one, and then get one at a later stage if I feel the onboard sound isn't up to scratch. After all, it's not exactly an essential component.

Anyway, thanks for your help AC, it's really appreciated. ;)

While I'm at it, what's your opinion on this monitor?

Well for the sake of €20 I wouldn't mind the convenience, but would there be any concerns of shipping a fully build PC over well packaged components?

I can't imagine there is seeing as the likes of dell ship about 80 billion pcs a day.
    Anyway, thanks for your help AC, it's really appreciated. ;)

No problem, man. Just glad I can help.
    While I'm at it, what's your opinion on this monitor?

Looks quite nice. The built in camera and microphone would come in handy if you use the likes of skype a lot (or if you're one of those cam sluts). The usb hub is handy as well because you can never have to many usb ports. Everything else about it looks good.

I can't imagine there is seeing as the likes of dell ship about 80 billion pcs a day.

Fair enough. ;)
    The usb hub is handy as well because you can never have to many usb ports.

Don't I know it! I was thinking of converting my current machine to one giant USB hub. :pac:

Advertisement