Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe and Keith

• 30-07-2008 1:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

Any idea why they are finishing up in Spin?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

No idea are they heading to another station? Anyone know?

Ah ha www.radiowavesforum.com/rw/showthread.php?t=15982

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Just had a flick through that radiowavesforum... I don't think i've ever seen a more off topic thread. By the end of page one it turns into an arguement and continues on for another 3 pages....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Donkey Kong

yeah it will be interesting to see where they end up, and if they stay together. Some of their stuff is a bit outdated.
    the rant on radiowaves is a bit mad!

They used to be great... The older sketches where very good, fun quiz friday... Now all they seem to have are crap quizzes and "debates"... or some excuse to get people to text in so they don't have to think up content for the show.

Its a shame cause I used to love em... I still listen to them cause I can't stand the other stations... for me they're the best of a bad bunch but at that they're still quite bad. Think i'll start waking up to my ipod instead...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

Yea there Matt and Mark sketches were funny but now its just there general chat, im half Dempsey half spin in the mornings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

One of them is off to iRadio in Athlone. I believe they are just looking to change direction. Obviously felt they did as much as they could at spin in that slot. Best of luck to them. Anyone know who's replacing them? Spin's getting a bit thin on the ground..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

bbability wrote: »
    Spin's getting a bit thin on the ground..

Spin got boring after Jack and Ali left. They were the only thing that made me tune in. I have absolutely no want to here the same song 3 or 4 times in >2 hours.

Teferi wrote: »
    Spin got boring after Jack and Ali left. They were the only thing that made me tune in. I have absolutely no want to here the same song 3 or 4 times in >2 hours.

You are having a laugh.... those two are a typical example of what the modern day PD is hiring in the capital. YOu no longer have to have experience or an interest in radio more be a household name in a magazine or newspaper.. I'd like to see Steve K getting a crack at morning radio maybe with a strong female partner... Lucy Kennedy maybe??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

One of them is off to iRadio in Athlone. I believe they are just looking to change direction.quote]

Where did you hear that?

And which one is going to IRadio?

And what's the other doing?

Oh I couldn't tell you that. I've been informed by sources that one of them is of to iradio. The other one is tired of the early mornings etc etc and who knows where he'll end up.. But once again not bad for 2 blokes who started on community radio.:D

• Advertisement

You are having a laugh.... those two are a typical example of what the modern day PD is hiring in the capital. YOu no longer have to have experience or an interest in radio more be a household name in a magazine or newspaper.. I'd like to see Steve K getting a crack at morning radio maybe with a strong female partner... Lucy Kennedy maybe??

Steve K.... The new Tony Fenton... " Put your hands up, Put your hands up, Put your hands up for Dublin..... I love this city" The man is Radio Cheese... I miss him from his morning slot..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Mr Lahey

Joe is doing the new comedy sketches on newstalks breakfast show. He's a very witty guy but they aren't great tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Mr Lahey wrote: »
    Joe is doing the new comedy sketches on newstalks breakfast show. He's a very witty guy but they aren't great tbh.

You serious? What's Keith doing?

Any why did they leave? did they get sacked or were they drpping listeners?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Fago_25 wrote: »
    You serious? What's Keith doing?

Any why did they leave? did they get sacked or were they drpping listeners?

I can't imagine Colm & Jim Jim moving to 2Fm with 104 still keeping a strong show helped to do anything but hinder their show, as it effectively meant 2 shows of the same format, both established and both on stronger stations.

Advertisement