Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Blanchardstown - near Town Centre

Options
  • 30-07-2008 2:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hello,

Interested in living near my job in blanchardstown to avoid the commute.

The area around the town centre looks interesting and saw a couple of complexes (westend, waterville, verdemont). I like the idea of walking to lots of stuff.

any thghts or advice for me? Is this area really safe? Convenient/Livable...

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Waterville is pretty nice from what I've seen. Knew a guy that lived there and the apartments are pretty sweet. Comfortable walking distance to the shopping centre.

It's quite secure as well, which is necessary imo as some of the surrounding areas are quite dodgy to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

^agreed. Just dont walk any direction OTHER than towards the shopping centre from there and youre alright, unless you know some people living in a different direction who you would be walking with...

Verdemont is nice but not many english speakers, same with Westend. Theres a bunch of apartments near Summerfield which are nice but I dont know the name of them...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

You could try asking this question in the D15 forum, you might get more responses. (not that there's anything wrong the ones above!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 west side kid

Really appreciate all of these responses!!

I'll also try D15

Advertisement