Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

audi v passat

Options
  • 30-07-2008 3:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

i drive 03 audi a4 1.9tdi 6 speed130bhp bucket seats armrest great condition.96miles.timing belt changed.
    i want to trade in v 06v passat tdi sportsline 105bhp 22miles.
    how much should i pay,help would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭audismelly

6 k? would be the limit really?

vw franchise in galway wanted 9 with the audi, mite have gone to 8250, had the car not had so many scratches and bumps,mostly within the dealership i imagine.as they were parked against each other.crazy.
    the 1.9 105bhp hadnt a patch on the 130bhp audi.
    maybe il stick to an audi, but very difficult to get a low mileage irish 1.any advice, head is melted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

audismelly wrote: »
    vw franchise in galway wanted 9 with the audi, mite have gone to 8250, had the car not had so many scratches and bumps,mostly within the dealership i imagine.as they were parked against each other.crazy.
    the 1.9 105bhp hadnt a patch on the 130bhp audi.
    maybe il stick to an audi, but very difficult to get a low mileage irish 1.any advice, head is melted now.

al hayes?

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    al hayes?
    yeah unreal, went 2 his old place first, he had up to 60 unregistered new cars,mostly passats, weeds growing up through them, u imagine a new car coming from factory via boat ,not sitting in fields with bumps and scrathes,unreal
    .il look around

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

To get similar performance to the 130bhp 1.9 TDi in the A4 you would want to be looking at the 2.0 TDi in the Passat. Going from a 130bhp TDi to old 105bhp in the Passat is a step backwards.

BTW the description you gave of the way cars are on the forecourt of that dealership is well known even down in this neck of the woods.

If your willing to travel try Western Motors in Ennis, Newcastle West Motors in Co. Limerick or Newmarket Motors in Co. Cork.

Edit: Western Motors are also in Ballybrit.

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »
    To get similar performance to the 130bhp 1.9 TDi in the A4 you would want to be looking at the 2.0 TDi in the Passat. Going from a 130bhp TDi to old 105bhp in the Passat is a step backwards.

BTW the description you gave of the way cars are on the forecourt of that dealership is well known even down in this neck of the woods.

If your willing to travel try Western Motors in Ennis, Newcastle West
    Motors in Co. Limerick or Newmarket Motors in Co. Cork.[/quot

cheers bazza. il check them on carzone,in midlands ,limerick wudnt be a problem, the 2,0tdi is few grand dearer, yeah i heard its quicker , smoother, and not as noisey alrite.
    yeah you would have to see it to believe it

This one is overpriced but it might be worth seeing what kind of cost to change money he is looking for. You never know they might overprice the trade allowance on your Audi too. ;)

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Volkswagen/Passat/2.0TDi-140/1153958/

I pass by that garage every day on the way to work and upto about 2 weeks ago and they were asking €19,800 for it. :eek:

bazz26 wrote: »
    This one is overpriced but it might be worth seeing what kind of cost to change money he is looking for. You never know they might overprice the trade allowance on your Audi too. ;)

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Volkswagen/Passat/2.0TDi-140/1153958/

I pass by that garage every day on the way to work and upto about 2 weeks ago and they were asking €19,800 for it. :eek:

cheers for that ,nice car,for sure.looking for 06vw or 05 a4. yeah dissapointed with 105 bhp,what happened the older passat 1.9 with the 130, is it marketing ?
    trying to pick up sumthing with bout 20 to 35000 on it, no t belt etc for a while

audismelly wrote: »
    cheers for that ,nice car,for sure.looking for 06vw or 05 a4. yeah dissapointed with 105 bhp,what happened the older passat 1.9 with the 130, is it marketing ?
    trying to pick up sumthing with bout 20 to 35000 on it, no t belt etc for a while

1.9 TDi 130bhp was replaced by the 2.0 TDi 140bhp in the newer Passat. The old 105bhp 1.9 TDi soldiered on as a cheaper entry level diesel alternative.

oh right , cheers for that

• Advertisement

going to see an audi , a dealer brought in from england later in week vrt included ,its 2005. sorry for asking such a stupid question, but will the car tax be bandc 290 or 590 like it is on my current 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

unless it's a brand new car the motor tax will be on the old system. So 590

thanx aidan thats grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

Give Western Garages in ennis a buzz (065-6828505) ask for Eoghan or Damien.

EDIT ,, just seen already mentioned by Bazz

western garages in ennis not motors

snowman707 wrote: »
    Give Western Garages in ennis a buzz (065-6828505) ask for Eoghan or Damien.

EDIT ,, just seen already mentioned by Bazz

western garages in ennis not motors

cheers , checked on carzone, nothing special there besides a 06 audi, 2 pricey im afraid, a moma of a car though

Advertisement