Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blanchardstown Town Center - Westend, Waterville, Verdemont, Grove Court

• 30-07-2008 3:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi,

I'm thinking of moving to Blanchardstown (have a job near the town centre). I've a young family and interested in 3 bedroom apartment.

Westend, waterville and Verdemont have all been mentioned as potential apartment complexes. Has anyone any thoughts or advice? Does Grove Court have any 3 bedrooms?

I want somewhere that's safe. No gurriers and walkable/livable. I won't be commuting to city centre or anything.

Please help?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

I'd look up www.neighbours.ie and find the appropriate developments there. not sure if there's much or any life on their fora though.

I lived in Waterville before. I quite liked it. It's a little further from the SC than Verdemont or Westend, but still only 10 minutes away. It also isn't high rise, I think the other's are(?).

To be honest, I'd say they're probably much of a muchness in terms on crime/anti-social activity etc. You will have "some" in all areas out here.

I'm not sure if you're buying or renting. Waterville did have a quite a high proportion of renters from what I saw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,384 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Waterville is nice... there is plenty of 3 bedroom units there too... It's only a few mins walk across the bridge for the centre. Also when it comes to going anywhere your straight onto the navan raod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Waterville and Verdemont are quite nice. Quiet areas. Westend would probably be too close to the shopping centre and *shudder* Heaven nightclub for my liking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Just a thought, a kind mod might slide this over to the Dublin 15 forum after a bit, you'll probably get opinions from people who might live in the area but wouldn't frequent this part of boards.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think waterville has too much car parking and not enough green space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 west side kid

really appreciate your help

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Moved to the D15 forum- perhaps you kind folk might like to assist the OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I live in Waterville and love it, but not sure there is a huge amount of 3 beds around. The others you mention are too near the town centre for me - having been here for 4 years the Christmas trafic is a nightmare. At least here, can pop straight down onto the N3

Advertisement