Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT expired but no call

Options
  • 30-07-2008 7:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My NCT was due last week but I never received any call or letter.

Should I wait? Anyone else is in the same situation?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I don't think you're guaranteed a call. I didn't get one for mine. You can call them and arrange it (http://www.ncts.ie/bookings.html). It takes 5 mins. If you're stopped by a guard in a few months, saying you didn't get called may or may not work with him / her (more likely not to work).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

I don't think they call you any more, as I did not get one this time and the car was 3 months over due before I noticed. I tried booking on line and could not get a date eventually rang and it took them 2 to 3 weeks to send out a date, and it will not be done until mid next month, which means that I will be out of date for 5 months at that stage. I will be keeping a closer eye on things and trying to get it done before the due date next time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

They don't call anymore unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

Vertakill wrote: »
    They don't call anymore unfortunately.

No they dont, its up to the individual concerned to check if their car is due, however their website says they send out the notification! I raised this with their customer service and they said they were revising the site...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

DannyBuoy wrote: »
    No they dont, its up to the individual concerned to check if their car is due, ...

true, my wifes was out 2 months before i spotted it!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I get the impression thier booking/renewal system is in bits.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

mike65 wrote: »
    I get the impression thier booking/renewal system is in bits.

Mike

I get the impresssion that just like everthing else in ireland, the company that obtains the contract is sh&&e e.g (toll bridge) ...... hmmmmmm

Advertisement