Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siren in Balbriggan this Morning

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kcools

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Fire Engine wouldn't need to use it's siren at that time of the night, there is little of no traffic on the road at 4am/5am especially on the distance between Balbriggan fire station and Wavin.

And now I feel like a dope.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

http://www.balbriggan.net/news.html

Wavin Apologies for Early Morning Siren
    Following our contact with Patrick Moore in Wavin, they have asked us to extent their "sincere apology". In a statement exclusive to B.net, it reads as follows, Dear Tony, Firstly, we apologise to everyone who was disturbed by the siren and recognise the inconvenience caused.The siren went off last night due to an unexpected fault with our fire alarm detection system. The purpose of the siren is to evacuate all people on our 24 acre site in the event of an occurrence and to initiate our emergency response procedures. This is the first time that such a fault happened since our new fire alarm system was installed over 4 years ago. We are currently investigating the reasons as to why the fault occurred with the aim of avoiding a reoccurrence.Once again, our sincere apologies. We would like to thank Patrick Moore,Technical, HSE & QA Manager for taking our call and explaining the situation.30.07.08

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mckenzgd

You have to Laugh. My Girlfriend woke me up and asked me to ring the Garda. I said i'm not doing a fecken thing till I see people running down the street and quickly went back to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Living in Castleland court , just next to Wavin ..
    Wondered was was going on :-)
    Went back to bed when I hread our neighbour closing her window and going back to bed

Never heard it before [ been there 4 years .. ]

Our poor dog sh1t himself :D

Advertisement