Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC or UTV...

Options
  • 30-07-2008 8:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hi,
    So for the moment I use Broadband UTV 24 euros 3mb.
    I wish to get NTL 40 euros 20mb...and it is available...
    I live in Dundrum..What do you think?

Other question about TV:
    I have for the moment analog tv and I pay 23.50 per month.
    If I am interested in upgrading me television to digital I can choose
    Digital Value Pack 20.00 per month. Is it not strange?
    Analog tv 15 channels and digital ..more??

Last question : about phone...
    On their website , I can get Broadband, Tv phone , DVR ...
    And by mail their answer "I have also checked your address and at the moment there are no telephone services available at that address"
    So?

Thank you
    Bounty:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

UPC UPC no lime rental Go with upc imo

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hi,

Last question : about phone...
    On their website , I can get Broadband, Tv phone , DVR ...
    And by mail their answer "I have also checked your address and at the moment there are no telephone services available at that address"
    So?

Thank you
    Bounty:p

There have been regular reports on here over the years about confustion among staff as to what services are available in what areas. The website tells me that bb is available to me but their csrs say no.

Prob best to contact them and get definite confirmation about phone availability before cancelling your line.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

choice between utv or upc doesnt even bare thinking about!, its a choice I wish I had. defo go with UPC!

If upc is available at your house, cancell your utv broadband once the upc broadband is activated so you dont have any downtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Other question about TV:
    I have for the moment analog tv and I pay 23.50 per month.
    If I am interested in upgrading me television to digital I can choose
    Digital Value Pack 20.00 per month. Is it not strange?
    Analog tv 15 channels and digital ..more??

I upgraded my analog TV pack to digital a few months back and at the time, digital was about €0.5 more for a lot more channels and better quality. I asked the sales guy why this was the case and he mentioned that they have been increasing analog prices for some time but not digital, as a means of getting more people to upgrade - which makes sense as NTL/UPC have problems with hacks which are easier to pull off on an analog connection. I guess they've now reached the point where analog is more expensive than digital...

As for the broadband, definitely UPC if you can get it - granted, I haven't had UTV for 4 years now, but they are one of the worst ISPs I have had the misfortune of dealing with and I assume they still have fairly low end caps. The 20MB UPC deal has no cap and is pretty good, at least most of the time - as with all ISPs, there are issues (especially getting through to support for some people) but overall, I'm happy with them and would recommend them over any other ISP available in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Bountydublin

Thank you for your answers...
    so welcome UPC Broadband,TV and maybe phone...

Bounty:P

• Advertisement
Advertisement