Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

need a new game....

• 30-07-2008 8:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

Ive recentky bought an xbox360 for GTA4.

now that thats coming to a slow death, I need to find a new game (a good xbox live game would be preferable for longevity. (not cod4 as I have this for PC)

I downloaded the bad company demo, the SP looks reasonably good, but the MP looks stonkingly amazing! so.... advice? which games are MUST haves at the moment. (not halo either, never played 1 or 2)

where are the best places to buy games aswell?, also, I need to buy the xbox live dealy aswell....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭mickyt

Ive recentky bought an xbox360 for GTA4.

now that thats coming to a slow death, I need to find a new game (a good xbox live game would be preferable for longevity. (not cod4 as I have this for PC)

I downloaded the bad company demo, the SP looks reasonably good, but the MP looks stonkingly amazing! so.... advice? which games are MUST haves at the moment. (not halo either, never played 1 or 2)

where are the best places to buy games aswell?, also, I need to buy the xbox live dealy aswell....

Well I would say CDO4 is the best to get, but something like the orange box is supposed to be great. Bad company is great online ye, but needs a few new game modes, gets a bit bland. I guess it depends on what type of games your into. Fifa or Euro 2008 are good fun, tiger woods, EA games, there will be a new bash of them out at the end of the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

Bad Company is very good multiplayer wise. Best to buy Live subscriptions online via EBay and other sellers.

I'm playing Far Cry Instincts Predator and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. It's a very good FPS. Don't know what the MP is like as I don't have Xbox live, but the SP is certainly very enjoyable. Plus it's two games in one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

I'd recommend Bioshock or Rainbow 6 Vegas 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

(not halo either, never played 1 or 2)
    Not really relevant if you're going to be playing it on live. You're missing out if you don't experience this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

I say The Orange Box. 5 games in one. The Half-Lifes will keep you going for a long time. Portal is a must play game. One of the best games you'll ever play. TF2 is good for some multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Orange box, then Bioshock and THEN Bad Company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

I'm playing Far Cry Instincts Predator and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. It's a very good FPS. Don't know what the MP is like as I don't have Xbox live, but the SP is certainly very enjoyable. Plus it's two games in one.
    I loved both them on the XBOX. Multiplayer is brilliant as you have user designed maps. Very nice bright look to the game as well.
    The 360 version had problems with controller sensitiivity and aiming which spoiled things.

Advertisement