Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kingofwatersports

Options
  • 30-07-2008 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

Thinking of making an order from http://www.kingofwatersports.com/ . I've heard one positive experience from someone in this forum - Just wondering if anyone alse has had any experience with them. They OK for delivery ETC...

Don't mind supporting local trade and paying a wee bit more - but for what i'm buying, his highness, king of watersports saves me over €100

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Take a gander at the "Cheap gear" Sticky. A fair few heads here after ordering from them (havent personally) and all seem pretty happy.

I think someone said delivery was around 5 working days ?

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

c - 13 wrote: »
    Take a gander at the "Cheap gear" Sticky. A fair few heads here after ordering from them (havent personally) and all seem pretty happy.

I think someone said delivery was around 5 working days ?

Yeah - that was a little stupid of me. Need caffeine fix. Thanks

KT

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

I ordered a wetsuit and a board from them, 2 diff orders.
    both worked out fine.
    gf ordered a wetsuit, didnt have her size, had to order a diff one and am waiting for it to turn up now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Cunning

ordered a bic 7'9 board 2 weeks ago, ordered on a wed night arrived monday morning.
    ordered a wetsuit same day arrived on monday also.
    all was fine with the wet suit
    but as for the board:
    the box was a bit damaged, ding on the board, no fin screws, no fin key.
    sent a few emails , ended up ringing the sales dude charlie.
    i was asking for a replacemnt board to be sent, as i was assured prior to ordering that the delivery was "100% insured", however he said that because my father has signed for the delivery the insurance lapsed.
    on the plus side he did offer me a £50 credit. i said, ok.
    so emailed him again asking that the credit be used for a board bag worth
    £54.99. he said he could only send a cheaper one £35 because corrier fees were £22, i was fed up argueing so i said ok
    board bag arrived a few days later, still no screws or fin key.

i wouldn't describe my experience as positive, even says on the webisite you can send anything back within 14 days if you're not happy.

i would buy from them again, but i'd be damn sure to open the box and thoroughly inspect whatever was in it before signing.
    there prices seem fairly good

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

Saw that on the other thread - will inspect it when i get it - i'm sure the courier will love that - but f**k him. Sorry to hear about that - As i said - would like to support local shops but it's hard to pay >400 when you can get same for <300 on-line

Remember getting a replacement glass for a ceramic hob and the thing was packaged so miserably that it was doomed to break unless the thing was carried on the lap of the courier between feather pillows from beginning to end - thankfully in that instance they dispatched another without quibble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Yeah I buy almost everything on the net but always preferred using local surfshops, its getting harder now though, even with the high cost of posting a surboard or wetsuit it is still working out significantly cheaper to buy online

Advertisement