Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extractor Fan

Options
  • 30-07-2008 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a ceiling mounted Vortice extractor fan in my bathroom (it's a rental property) - the grills are clogged up from time (I would imagine), so it's taking no steam, etc out of the room - I've attached a pic...........

Can anyone advise re replacing filters, etc - is it possible and where are they stocked and what's involved in replacing them...................

All responses gratefully received.

C.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

seen's as it a rental property I wouldn't recomend fixing? the extractor fan.
    you'd be better off telling the land lord that there is a problem with the fan which is leading to mildew (even if it's not/wet rot) and the long term effect could be a replastering of the walls in the bathroom and that it would be in his best interest financially long rerm to replace the unit/filters.
    Alternativly you could find the make model number and bring it to the hardware and get the replacement part (if it is the filters).
    A short term solution would be to hoover out the unit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

the landlady lives in the apartment - I'm not making a deal out of it, but having it on is pointless, it's probably generating more heat than it's taking out........it's too high to hoover (the apartment ceilings are at least 8 feet high, if not higher)

that's what i was implying it's her problem not your's
    That's an advantage of been a tenent If it breaks you get the LL in to fix

how easy is it to fix - she's not great on the ole organisational front.........I'd have no problem fixing it myself (once she pays for it)..........either that, or the bathroom door will have to be left open when I'm in the shower and NO ONE wants that!;)

ok
    1 ring up someone who services them
    or
    2 knock off at mains
    remove cover
    remove filter
    hoover out filter
    replace all above
    if this works fine
    if not remove filter get seriel no/model no and replace with new
    hold onto receipts and give to LL
    3 shower with door open If your as rough:eek::eek::eek: (:D:D) as im now imagining she wont be long about getting her ass in gear
    Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

cjmcork wrote: »
    the landlady lives in the apartment - I'm not making a deal out of it,
    Grand tell her its broken and rotting the room.
    cjmcork wrote: »
    it's too high to hoover (the apartment ceilings are at least 8 feet high, if not higher)
    erm...how tall are you? Im going to guess at least 5 foot
    so 5 foot plus your arm plus a chair plus the hoover extensions cant reach it?:rolleyes:

good point re the arm of the hoover and I'm not rough! :eek::P

thanks for the help all

GreeBo wrote: »
    Grand tell her its broken and rotting the room.

erm...how tall are you? Im going to guess at least 5 foot
    so 5 foot plus your arm plus a chair plus the hoover extensions cant reach it?:rolleyes:
    c'mon now GreeBo the organizational skills aint the best or have you been reading this at all;)

Advertisement