Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the popularisation and normalising of drug use!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,159 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Well that statement is not true. Were you around as a lucid adult ten years ago.
    Do you think that drugs were a big no-no back in the distant wild past of 1998?
    I was 18 at the time and a few of my friends done hash but they were generally seen as outsiders and that what they were doing was wrong. I also know there was nearly no one younger than me doing it at the time

Dragan wrote: »
    Go back far enough and the colour of your skin dictated where you sat on the bus and what was between your legs dictated whether you could vote.

Back in the day it was perfectly fine to call a black dog "******".

Thankful, things that will not always be as they "are".
    So are we better as a society for that Dragan

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

The main issue with drug use arguments is one of moral relativism.

Any student in the country is not going to see an issue with having a few spliffs, whereas most mothers would shoot their kids for even going near people who go near drugs.
    So the people who believe the negative myths about drug use vs. the people that have seen from personal use that these myths are not true.

People who argue on the opposite side to mine also revert to the addicts argument. there are a lot of fallacies involved in trying to argue either point.
    it's all best left alone really.

The main issue with drug use arguments is one of moral relativism.

Any student in the country is not going to see an issue with having a few spliffs, whereas most mothers would shoot their kids for even going near people who go near drugs.
    So the people who believe the negative myths about drug use vs. the people that have seen from personal use that these myths are not true.

People who argue on the opposite side to mine also revert to the addicts argument. there are a lot of fallacies involved in trying to argue either point.
    it's all best left alone really.
    Brush stuff under the carpet much?

Oh ignorance is bliss!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Drug abuse has been popular and normal for millenia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

So are we better as a society for that Dragan

You need to be a bit more specific as i don't know what you are referring to here.

Better as a society for slowly overcoming racism and sexism?

I would have thought that was obvious.

gixerfixer wrote: »
    Anyone who uses drugs either coke,E or heroin are life's losers :)

:confused: Not sure if you're serious or not, so i'll ignore.
    Where my issues lie is that drug use is becoming normal, so normal that children now accept it as being a natural thing to do

What? Says who? The children? Or are you presuming this on the basis that a few underage 'hardchaws' are smoking in your neighbourhood?

I know plenty of kids who do not consider it normal, and while my 'evidence' is as anecdotal as yours, you are the one trying to assert something here so I've no idea on what basis you are assuming this.

Alcohol and cigarettes are sold in licensed sellers and are (supposed to be) regulated.

No minors should be able to get alcohol or cigarettes and licensed sellers should have their license revoked if caught selling to minors.

However, cannabis is neither licensed or regulated which makes it a far worse problem at the moment.

Therefore, the logical solution to this would be to legalise cannabis and license/regulate its sale. No minors should be able to get cannabis and licensed sellers should have their license revoked if caught selling to minors.

I've added the paragraph in colour because until i finished reading your post, i thought that was the direction you were heading. In fact, it is one of the best arguments that the 'pro' side use in the debate about legalisation/declassification.......(without opening up that whole can of worms)
    Tean years ago people said there was a massive difference between lighting a cigarette and rolling a joint. As for cocaine, it is readily available in any nightclub or nightscene in Ireland. It has gone from being the elitist drug to the common man's drug.

As has been pointed out, there still is a massive difference between joints and smokes (cigs).

Also, I refute your point that it is "readily available in any nightclub or nightscene in Ireland". It is not. I've been in the company of people who've tried and failed to obtain it on more than one occasion. They can get it easily enough during the day or beforehand or whatever but there are f*ck all people selling 'sneachta' in clubs simply because the risks are too big and they can sell it from the comforts of their own home/car a lot easier. Anyone who is selling it in nightclubs is an idiot.

It also has not "gone from being the elitist drug to the common man's drug" either. Coke is sold by weight or, more commonly, in bags costing €100 which weigh between 1.2g and 1.5g usually (approx 6-7 lines). This wouldn't last long if the user was used to snorting (also dependant on quality). It also makes you drink like a fish 'cos it parches you and numbs your throat so you lash the gargle out of it and it also keeps you awake for longer meaning you can drink more for longer periods. If you think the 'common man' spends €250+ on drink on drugs in a single night then I've no idea who you're hanging out with but for the love of god ask them for a loan of a few quid 'cos i'm f*cking broke.

Oh ignorance is bliss!

Well now that is strange my dear because you don't seem too happy....

And you have said nothing to point me to a solid argument you are making.
    Vague references to "Back in the day twas all grand" that are just absolute nonsense.
    Then more "Its the musician's fault. They're role-models" as if ten years ago all the musicians in the world were clean living jesus lovers.

Then you relate personal experiences which seem to you to be some sort of esoteric insight into the world we live in today.
    When it's actually the world that everyone has been living in for at least ten thousand years.
    So if you can come down off of that high horse and actually see beyond your own experience to what the rest of the world is telling you then you might actually learn something rather than looking for a statement to condescend to.
    and THIS VERY POST and the inevitable reply, my dear, is the reason why I said it's all best left alone really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭sunnyse

I was 18 at the time and a few of my friends done hash but they were generally seen as outsiders and that what they were doing was wrong. I also know there was nearly no one younger than me doing it at the time

I assume you mean no-one younger than you that you knew of Because 10 years ago there were any amount of under 18s smoking dope.
    As other posters have said, drug use has gone on for generations and little has changed in the last 10 years. Think of most of the musical influences back to the 50s and 60s and many many of them were using some kind of illicit drugs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Does anybody else find it disturbing that drug use has become so common and so accepted in Irish culture. I for one have never smoked or used drugs so I can't claim to know the 'benefit' of any of these but I just feel its taken nearly no time at all from going from knocking down drug dealers doors in the late 80's early 90's to suddenly seeing some smoking hash, or snorting a line and not passing a second glance. when did it all become so normal?

This is my reasoning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

sunnyse wrote: »
    Also I'm amazed how smallminded people can be on a subject. How can you have a valid arguement when you call everyone losers if they try a drug if you have no experience of any of them yourself??

Could you apply that to the attitude of why call boyracers scumbags and have a valid arguement against them when you've never sped yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Biro wrote: »
    Could you apply that to the attitude of why call boyracers scumbags and have a valid arguement against them when you've never sped yourself?

The point was made about lifestyle choice, not legality.

And no, people brand folk as "boy racers" based entirely upon the appearance of their car, not the speed they drive at.

Biro wrote: »

:confused:
    I'm not even sure where to start responding to that:eek:

Firstly I've never called boy racer "Scumbags"
    Secondly I have "Sped" so I'm still a bit confused about that part.

My point is, I have used drugs recreationally for many years, I have a very successful business, a beautiful home and 2 fabulous children. I take drugs in the same way as I do most things in life...Cautiously. I only buy pure high quality drugs from reputable sources or I don't take at all. I do due diligence on any drug I might try by reading obsessively about the dangers and the effects. I measure and weigh my quantities precisely and never mix drugs that should not be mixed.
    I can almost guarantee you I have read more material on drugs and their effects that the original poster or the other poster whom I quoted.
    I get a huge amount of positivity and insight into life from taking certain substances and I believe they have altered my life in a positive way.

It is disingenuous in the extreme to suggest that if I take a drug that I am a "loser".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Does anybody else find it disturbing that drug use has become so common and so accepted in Irish culture. I for one have never smoked or used drugs so I can't claim to know the 'benefit' of any of these but I just feel its taken nearly no time at all from going from knocking down drug dealers doors in the late 80's early 90's to suddenly seeing some smoking hash, or snorting a line and not passing a second glance. when did it all become so normal?

When I was in school about 15 years ago I was on my way home when somebody offered me some of their dirty drugs. I took it apprehensively and had a quick drag. My eyes watered and I started coughing.

However I tried it again and again as the drugs took hold of me. I started seeking out these drugs myself from friends and in fact actually going to dealers to buy them!!

Now years later I've spent thousands of euros on them. I need my fix costantly. This horrible urge is there all the time.

I'm sure I'll give up cigarettes eventually but I'm incapable of doing it yet.

(I was going to reply about smoking an unhealthy amount of blow when I was a kid but I figured what's the point? It was far easier to stop than cigarettes.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Eating plants as a cave man and a strung out heroin junkie committing crime and/or spreading disease through sharing of needles aren't exactly the same thing

In all fairness, there are plenty of people who have nothing to do with any kind of drugs and are far more effective at spreading disease, also if you're a "disease-spreading junkie" who disseminates various maladies by sharing needles, then it's a safe bet you're only sharing those needles with other junkies and if that's their choice, then that's their choice and no-one else is at fault.
    Biro wrote:

We call boyracers scumbags because when someone gets into a car and starts doing 60 mph in a housing estate or on some narrow country road they're putting other peoples lives in danger in a very direct way.

Someone doing drugs is not directly harming anyone else, the only reason there's an issue is because some third party decided certain substances were legal, and certain suibtances were illegal, and unfortunately, hash, as one of the few substances that actually doesn't cause you to behave like a complete wanker, is considered illegal. Erego ome can roll up a few joints after 10 this evening, sit at home and smoke them while watching South park and laughing your hole off, and then find yourself in jail, whereas some twat who gets rat-arsed on booze every night, starts fights, and is a general toss will wake up free every morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

Someone doing drugs is not directly harming anyone else, the only reason there's an issue is because some third party decided certain substances were legal, and certain suibtances were illegal, and unfortunately, hash, as one of the few substances that actually doesn't cause you to behave like a complete wanker, is considered illegal. Erego ome can roll up a few joints after 10 this evening, sit at home and smoke them while watching South park and laughing your hole off, and then find yourself in jail, whereas some twat who gets rat-arsed on booze every night, starts fights, and is a general toss will wake up free every morning.

Ahh just reminded me of this from a few years back.
    The irony of it all. :D

I'm not even sure where to start responding to that:eek:

Firstly I've never called boy racer "Scumbags"
    Secondly I have "Sped" so I'm still a bit confused about that part.

My point is, I have used drugs recreationally for many years, I have a very successful business, a beautiful home and 2 fabulous children. I take drugs in the same way as I do most things in life...Cautiously. I only buy pure high quality drugs from reputable sources or I don't take at all. I do due diligence on any drug I might try by reading obsessively about the dangers and the effects. I measure and weigh my quantities precisely and never mix drugs that should not be mixed.
    I can almost guarantee you I have read more material on drugs and their effects that the original poster or the other poster whom I quoted.
    I get a huge amount of positivity and insight into life from taking certain substances and I believe they have altered my life in a positive way.

It is disingenuous in the extreme to suggest that if I take a drug that I am a "loser".
    I never claimed or never will claim to being an expert or even knowledgable on drug taking. My original post was about the detremental effect that recreational drug takers have on society and how it is much more acceptable now than ever before.

You seem to have a controlled attitude to drug taking and seem to be responsible and I just want to add that I never called any takers 'losers'. My problem is that drugs are filtering down through society more easily and reaching the core base, Children. This is what I have issues with. I stated earlier that educated, sensible and responsible recreational drug taking IMO s ok because it affects no one other that the taker. Its when children as young as 13, and possibly younger get involved that I have problems with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

People are less ignorant. Well most anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I

Congratulations you managed to make taking drugs about as exciting as watching take the high road

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    People are less ignorant. Well most anyway.
    So drug taking is not a problem because people have become aware of them, and that they don't pose a threat to society? by this statement it might be seen that you are suggesting that its ignorant people who still percieve drugs as a scurge on our culture and that its the junkies who are clued in to whats really going on.

Further proof IMO that drugs do leave ya feeling paranoid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Krsnik87

^ Only if you let it. Not trying to be smart but its true...

Krsnik87 wrote: »
    ^ Only if you let it. Not trying to be smart but its true...
    In that reasoning anything that we can turn a blind eye to or which doesn't directly affect us individually isn't a problem.

I just wanna state where I am on this topic. My wife is pregnant with our first child and it got me to thinking what kind of country are we bringing our child into and for me I see drug taking as one of the worst things in our society. it just made me think that if I ever found someone selling drugs to my child I'd definitely kneecap the c*nt.

Sorry if it seemed like I introduced a violent theme to the post just wanted to stated how strongly I feel about this

As I brought up before, drugs have been popular since society was invented. It's one of those things that has never really changed. Reaching to drugs isn't all that different from reaching out to religion or begging for a hero. It's pretty cyclical.

There are far more pressing issues contributing towards the fall of society, religious zealots, the commercialisation of every resource on this planet leading to the superficial wants over the needs of the less educated, corruption, the deafening apathy of civilisation towards global issues.

Kids taking drugs at such young ages is not a problem with drugs but a problem with parenting. But in this day of ritalin, anti depressants at the drop of a hat, 2 paracetamol every time you go out and get a little pissed, how can you point the finger at them?

I'm a responsible enough drug taker, all I'll really partake in is smoking weed, drinking a few beers and the caffeine in the occasional can of coke. A couple of times a year, I might take a couple of pills, the odd tab of acid or some mushies. None of these have a hold on me the way I see people who need their 4 coffees a day and get drunk every time they're bored. I don't think anyone here is advocating heroin, meth or crack, these are the type of drugs that could be considered dangerous to society. I think ancient Rome had a big problem with opium.
    Education is the only weapon when it comes to drugs but when it's the misinformation put out by schools in catchy slogans, noone is winning here. You cannot lump MDMA, THC and mushies in with heroin and crack, if you do so then you'd better include caffeine, nicotine and alcohol which are just as harmful, if not more than the first three.

By lying to/misinforming people, you are compromising any trust they had in what you say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

So drug taking is not a problem because people have become aware of them, and that they don't pose a threat to society? by this statement it might be seen that you are suggesting that its ignorant people who still percieve drugs as a scurge on our culture and that its the junkies who are clued in to whats really going on.
    Not Junkies no. Junkies, or addicts are a minority of drug users, the rest of us know from experience that drugs aren't nearly as big a problem as there made out to be.

I'd agree with you that there's a problem if people have no respect for others by getting wasted in public, during the day and being a menace. That's there's a problem if kids are doing them at all. But that's a social problem it's got little to do with drugs really there just a side effect rather than a cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Krsnik87

boom, well said!

I guess having kids would make anyone ponderous as to the type of society they are raising their kids in.
    But the real problem if your kid is buying drugs is surely with your kid as opposed to where he is getting them off of?
    I mean, we know prohibition doesn't work. If one dealer is kneecapped, another will replace him. If a drug is successfully stopped or limited, another will take its place. Its attitudes that need to change, not laws, to prevent drug problems.

I certainly don't wanna bring any children into a world where vigilante's go around kneecapping people. C*nts or not.

ntlbell wrote: »
    Congratulations you managed to make taking drugs about as exciting as watching take the high road

If you candy flip mdma with mushies or hippy flip with acid while watching "take the high road" then I guess you're probably right

In that reasoning anything that we can turn a blind eye to or which doesn't directly affect us individually isn't a problem.

I just wanna state where I am on this topic. My wife is pregnant with our first child and it got me to thinking what kind of country are we bringing our child into and for me I see drug taking as one of the worst things in our society. it just made me think that if I ever found someone selling drugs to my child I'd definitely kneecap the c*nt.

Sorry if it seemed like I introduced a violent theme to the post just wanted to stated how strongly I feel about this

kneecaping indeed.

You can't control drug dealers, all you can do is educate your child and hope he/she makes the correct decision for him/her

If you candy flip mdma with mushies or hippy flip with acid while watching "take the high road" then I guess you're probably right

I'd have falllen asleep reading about the affects of mdma before I got to take it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

Our Native mushrooms are plenty for the mind to feast on even without adding MDMA :D

Shulgin wrote: »
    Our Native mushrooms are plenty for the mind to feast on even without adding MDMA :D

He said he never mixed! cause he read it in a book!

He said he never mixed things that you shouldn't mix. Candyflipping is pretty popular.

Oh ffs what a waste of my 5,000th post.

Kold wrote: »
    He said he never mixed things that you shouldn't mix. Candyflipping is pretty popular.

Oh ffs what a waste of my 5,000th post.

That's exactly what I said;)
    Cheers, sorry about the wasted 5000th:P
    Obviously the poster has difficulty reading in general;)

That's exactly what I said;)
    Cheers, sorry about the wasted 5000th:P
    Obviously the poster has difficulty reading in general;)

I read a lot but usually when I'm full of valium and xanax so quickly forget what I've just read....

actually vallium/e/lsd and speed is a nice cocktail..

Like a cartoon with little bits of the matrix...

out of nothing but pure curiosity sunnyse you don't happen to have any texts that state the mixing of certain drugs is a good idea?

I'd like to show it to my kids so they know what to mix :pac:

ntlbell wrote: »
    out of nothing but pure curiosity sunnyse you don't happen to have any texts that state the mixing of certain drugs is a good idea?

I'd like to show it to my kids so they know what to mix :pac:

There are many great websites out there that give details on which drugs work well together and which don't. Erowid is probably the best known although I think it might be against rules here to link to it.

The problem ntlbell is that it's the people who don't read or do any research that get drugs a bad name.
    A guy arrives back to a party after a feed of booze and cos he doesn't know his arse from his elbow he takes a handfull of mushies and munches them down without any clue how much is safe. He proceeds to jump off the roof and all the papers are full of the "demon Drug" that is musshies.
    This kind of stupidity is what keeps the anti-drug lobbies in business. Doing a bit of research is a good thing believe it or not.

There are many great websites out there that give details on which drugs work well together and which don't. Erowid is probably the best known although I think it might be against rules here to link to it.

The problem ntlbell is that it's the people who don't read or do any research that get drugs a bad name.
    A guy arrives back to a party after a feed of booze and cos he doesn't know his arse from his elbow he takes a handfull of mushies and munches them down without any clue how much is safe. He proceeds to jump off the roof and all the papers are full of the "demon Drug" that is musshies.
    This kind of stupidity is what keeps the anti-drug lobbies in business. Doing a bit of research is a good thing believe it or not.

So you read that it was ok to mix certain types of ilegal drugs on a website and thought, that's good enough info for me?

Then you give out about idiots who don't research their drug of choice?

are you for real?

ntlbell, I don't really know what your angle is here. Erowid is a fairly handy site tbh, quite a lot of people use it.

Reading up on something won't make you an expert but it'll put you in a hell of a better position than reading nothing. It's not going to be 100% but no scientific study ever will be. I think, in general, more people should know what they're putting into their bodies. Who are you waiting for to spoonfeed you this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Be amusing when you catch your son/daughter smoking a spliff one day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭madser

I think its a normal part of society and its always been a normal part of a lot of peoples lives, most people who take drugs ie canabis ectacy have no problems, people should be allowed to make their own choices and people need to stop being so alarmist about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I was going to type out a long winded multi paragraph rebuttal to the thoughts of the OP, but then I got high...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

I think peoples reaction/opinion on drugs will depend on their social circle / background.

Up until a few yrs ago i was innocent enough when it came to drugs - had been around hash, thats about it. Now im sure Id been around other stuff in clubs but was happily oblivious to it.

After going out with a guy who went from taking no drugs & being totaly against them to half an ecstacy, to 5 a night, to coke/speed/anything, taking a pill or 2 didnt seem so bad, whereas if youd said to me 2 yrs ago id be ok with a bf taking 1 ecstacy pill when he was out as long as he took it easy id have told you you were crazy.

Ive never tried anything. I had been tempted to once or twice when drunk, but im generally a paranoid/worried person & id probably be too worried about what would happen to me & freak out.

But the thing is, before i met my ex, i had never even been TEMPTED. drugs were BAD, SCARY things. not that i think theyre good things, because ive seen the road hes going down with them & believe me i dont wanna be involved in that situation. But as for the "normalising" or drug use, it definitely happened to me when i spent a lot of time around it. to go from never even considering them to being tempted for me is quite a big change. (im not tempted anymore & dont think id ever get involved with anyone who touched them, ive had enough of dealing with them)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭BubbleWrap85

It seems everything has changed full stop. Whilst I have never dabbled in drugs & must admit, I'd be of the "completely against them" brigade, whilst still drinking at the w/ends! However, when you see people's lives who have been affected by drugs, and all the crime and gangland killings and such as a result from drugs, it does indeed turn you off them & urges you to think. Not saying that they're so much more dangerous than any other common drug, but it's just something I'm not attracted to.

I think some people are also a little immature when it comes to drugs, hence the big appeal in Amsterdam. Perhaps it's just me but people are BOASTING about rolling joints and what not! In all honesty, I think a type of peer pressure applies to older people & it's deemed to be somewhat cool or something to be smoking spliffs, or whatever the correct terminology is!

Whatever about these herbal drugs or whatver, I definitely would have no time for anyone who used heroine or ecstasy or those harder drugs! Would definitely turn me off someone. The hash stuff and the likes though is probably "alright" though - no different to cigarettes really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Shulgin wrote: »
    Ahh just reminded me of this from a few years back.
    The irony of it all. :D

Always liked that song/video even if I can't stand the rest of his stuff.

• Advertisement

Whatever about these herbal drugs or whatver, I definitely would have no time for anyone who used heroine or ecstasy or those harder drugs! Would definitely turn me off someone. The hash stuff and the likes though is probably "alright" though - no different to cigarettes really.

I don't want to be insulting but this is the kind of statement that reveals that you have no idea what you're talking about and as such, have nothing helpful to contribute to debate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

You have to realise that tanking up on heroin is very differnt than smoking a joint with a few mates.

how is it very different?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

is should really only be a matter of time before all this stuff gets legalized, the benefits to society are huge. Taxation, quality of supply, regulation, a reduction in crime, and a huge reduction in income for criminal gangs are all major benefits. much better off going down to their local offey and picking up a pack of john player green, and some clean powder that hasn't been laced with rat poison, rather than giving cash to criminals for gak.

it's hypocrisy that alcohol/cigarettes and oother stimulates are legal and normalized while other things are illegal.

really the authorities have little to no effect on supply, (the fact that production/exportation/importation/distribution of illegal products is so slick is a testament to human ingenuity imo), and should just give up the battle and take a more logical approach.

every school kid knows a bunch of people they can get that terrible hashish stuff off, if supply was regulation, and the small time dealers eradicated from the supply chain, it would be much tougher for teenagers to obtain drugs, and some of the taxation monies could be put into intelligent education, rather than the nonsense drugs are terribad stuff we see today.

it makes much more logical sense, but it's unlikely to happen in the present political climate, image the outcry if some finna failer got up and demanded legalization of drugs. but in the next ten/twenty years when this generation become the dominant political force, a generation of people who have some commonsense and experience of the issue, then i think/hope we'll see some changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

I see it as a good thing that people are seeing drug use as more normal. I would only use cannabis myself but don't have a problem with people using other drugs like cocaine and ectasy. Heroin and other physically addictive drugs would be a no no though.

Either make all non addictive drugs illegal or make them all legal in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭BubbleWrap85

Kold wrote: »
    I don't want to be insulting but this is the kind of statement that reveals that you have no idea what you're talking about and as such, have nothing helpful to contribute to debate.
    Care to elaborate then & inform me??

• Advertisement
Advertisement