Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Website

Options
  • 30-07-2008 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I found this website www.irelanddtt.com/about_us.htm ? Is it official and is there all questions which is in driver theory test????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭ec18

doesn't look offical...looks fake
    http://www.dtts.ie/ thats the real one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 crown1

ec18 wrote: »
    doesn't look offical...looks fake
    http://www.dtts.ie/ thats the real one

Thanks for link!
    But do You know some website where to try theory test online???
    I want try theory test questions on computer, because The Official Driver Theory Test CD-ROM dosn't work on my mac computer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

crown1 wrote: »
    I found this website www.irelanddtt.com/about_us.htm ? Is it official and is there all questions which is in driver theory test????
    It's unofficial and out of date and why the references to 'Ireland' with the tricolour etc. An official site wouldn't need to have those.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

It's unofficial and out of date and why the references to 'Ireland' with the tricolour etc. An official site wouldn't need to have those.

+1, i think we had someone on here trying to advertise this site not too long ago, the banning was swift:)

Thanks for link!
    But do You know some website where to try theory test online???
    I want try theory test questions on computer, because The Official Driver Theory Test CD-ROM dosn't work on my mac computer :(

I think the DTI or ISM allow you to do a theory test of sorts but there's a good bit missing from them. Be easier to try borrow a friends windows laptop for a few hours.

• Advertisement

Thanks for reply! I understand now, that i won't waste my money in this website ;)

ec18 wrote: »
    I think the DTI or ISM allow you to do a theory test of sorts but there's a good bit missing from them. Be easier to try borrow a friends windows laptop for a few hours.

Sorry- what is DTI or ISM ?

Sorry- what is DTI or ISM ?
    ISM = Irish School of Motoring.

Not sure about DTI (Dublin Transport Initiative?).

ISM = Irish School of Motoring.

Not sure about DTI (Dublin Transport Initiative?).

http://www.ism.ie/learning_drive/theory/default.asp ISM - Theory Test Website ISM

not sure where i got DTI from, there's a driving school around here that has that acronym. I'll double check next time One of their cars passes me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MEPIGME

I signed up and all the questions are there. Whats more is that you can filter out all the 'easy' questions as you are going through the sections by using the 'mark for revision' section. You cannot do this on the CD. Also, you can take sample tests and the website automatically adds questions you got wrong into your revision section.

I dont think there is any official website out there. Only the CD which is 20 Quid and very hard to work with. This is good value for a tenner and why does it matter if its offical or not if it helps you pass your test?

It worked for me.

• Advertisement

MEPIGME wrote: »
    why does it matter if its offical or not if it helps you pass your test?
    Well done to you but I would be reluctant to part with my money on a site which has two glaring mistakes on one sentence of it's front page!

Considering that many DTT questions are of a technical nature I'm wondering how many other mistakes has it made?

there first provisional licence

"there"????

"provisional licence"????

:rolleyes:

I didnt notice the spelling mistakes. All the questions are accurate though as per the CD. I read through them enough times!

I didnt notice the spelling mistakes
    The first mistake is a grammatical one - not a spelling one.

The second mistake is that, although the site claims to be up to date, it refers to Provisional Licences (which haven't been issued since October)!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi,

another wee matter - missing 350 questions
    All the questions supplied by the Road Safety Authority RSA are listed here. Helpful for all drivers because it can help you refresh your knowledge and help you learn any new road signs and questions that have recently appeared from environment and energy questions to tram or tunnel questions. What are you waiting for login in now! Help save lives and learn the rules of the road!

Site with almost 900 questions up to date and will keep up to date with any new questions/changes - 2008

There are 1250 questions in Official Data Bank.

Prometric were granted exclusive rights to distribute and publish the question bank. Any website which publishes any part of the Theory book or CD is guilty of copyright infringement.

Whats going on here? This website is good for passing your car test.

There are no missing questions. The 1250 are include bus exams / lorry exams etc. Every single car question is there. I used it and passed my test.

If you havent used the site yourself then I suggest doing so first and seeing first hand.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Whats going on here? This website is good for passing your car test.

There are no missing questions. The 1250 are include bus exams / lorry exams etc. Every single car question is there. I used it and passed my test.

If you havent used the site yourself then I suggest doing so first and seeing first hand.

The website is breaking the law and should be shutdown and the fact its becoming known now will hopefully lead to it being shut down

Anyone wanting to do the test is better off getting the CD which is simple use and understand and more importantly is 100% legal! The owners of this "fake" site are clearly just trying to make a quick euro

MEPIGME do you have any connection to this site, owner, operating, staff, advertiser etc?

All but two of your posts on boards.ie relate to promoting this site in some way or another so its mighty suspect

I had one comment about the site as I thought it was useful. I used the site when it was free and it helped me. Try the site yourself and see how much easier it is than the CD.

The only reasons I have added a few posts since is that people who have not used it are coming along here slamming it!

Who gives a s**t. I am outta here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

If you are being asked to pay for an unofficial site I would avoid it. Who knows when it could be shut down.

Cabaal wrote: »
    The owners of this "fake" site are clearly just trying to make a quick euro

MEPIGME do you have any connection to this site, owner, operating, staff, advertiser etc?

All but two of your posts on boards.ie relate to promoting this site in some way or another so its mighty suspect
    +1
    Who gives a s**t. I am outta here.
    Be gone!

Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement