Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you love Radiohead You'll love

Options
  • 30-07-2008 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

I thought this was done before but I couldn't find the thread.

If you're a big radiohead fan what other bands will you more than likely like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

If you love Radiohead You'll love.....self harm :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Radiohead appeals to a lot of people, from those who listen to indie to those who listen to metal. It really depends on the person. I like Radiohead, I also like NIN. NIN are playing with Radiohead at some gig in America. Both are fairly angsty though in different ways. I guess Muse would be a good bet too as the histronic vocal stylings sound like Bends/Ok Computer era Yorke and the fusion of classical motifs with heavy guitars also recalls them from 1994-1997. Porcupine Tree maybe and Bjork. Maybe Sigur Ros too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

MUSE are the first ones that jump to mind for me...

And then there's these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

If you like Radiohead you should like Wilco. They're known as the American Radiohead only they're much better. Only one **** album (stear clear of A.M.) a better version of the bends (Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, A MUST BUY FOR ANYBODY WHO LIKED EITHER THE BENDS OR OK COMPUTER, seriously ) and a much better foray into electronical music without losing their guitar roots in A Ghost is Born, take note Radiohead. They have a country tinge in the earlier albums but the two I mentioned here (not A.M) it's unnoticable.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Always thought Aqualung sounded a lot like Radiohead, particularly the stuff from from the album "Memory Man"

Pressure Suit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

If you like Radiohead, you appreciate original innovative music with top notch lyrics so disregard above suggestions. Get yourself:

Aphex Twin, Air, Daft Punk, Elliott Smith, Arcade Fire, Asian Dub Foundation, Flaming Lips, Blur, Boards of Canada, Elbow, Jonny Greenwood and Thom Yorke's solo albums, Leftfield, UNKLE, Modeselektor, Mogwai, NIN, Tool, Sigur Ros

Notice something? They're all pretty different. This is because of the diversity that Radiohead have shown through their career. I found out pretty early that there's noone quite like them so you could do what I did... Track down almost their entire catalogue, B-sides n all. It's all pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kid V

Ye and you might also like Portishead, The Good The Bad & The Queen.

They're the ones that spring to mind straight away. Sigur Rós too actually

Advertisement