Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clicking Aid

Options
  • 30-07-2008 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭

I can't click, cluck whatever you call it.

I try when I'm in my car, before I go asleep, sitting on the couch etc.......and I just can't make the noise.

Is it genetic? Can you do it? Do you know other people who can't do it?

I was thinking it may be genetic like rolling your tongue (which I can do).

I make this other noise, it's kinda funny but it's just not right.

This is a major holdback for me and I need it rectifed asap.

Go on, try explain to me how you perform this alien sound!!

Comments

If you can't roll your tongue, you can't click (I think).

Think of clicking as trying to roll your tongue when it is pressed against the roof of your mouth.

If you are unable to roll your tongue - press it firmly against the roof of your mouth and try then 'flick' your tongue forward. Not quite the same but it should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

I cant roll my tongue, but I can click.

I think I rest my tongue against roof of mouth and inhale abruptly through it.... or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

If you can't click try "will ya go on ffs" in a raised voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

togster wrote: »
    If you can't click try "will ya go on ffs" in a raised voice.

I can do that alright. Get up the yard is another favourite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭skink

the click noise comes from one side of your mouth, i use my left, and it is made through the contaction and relaxation of your tongue rapidly, just to the right of your molars and the left side of your mouth, has nothing to do with rolling your tongue, another great noise is to purse your lips and make a fart noise, maybe we should have a beers and compare our horse motivating noises, or make youtube videos of them!

• Advertisement

skink wrote: »
    the click noise comes from one side of your mouth, i use my left, and it is made through the contaction and relaxation of your tongue rapidly, just to the right of your molars and the left side of your mouth, has nothing to do with rolling your tongue, another great noise is to purse your lips and make a fart noise, maybe we should have a beers and compare our horse motivating noises, or make youtube videos of them!

Excellent idea. I need to get training.

On a serious note, I'm just back from the jax in work and I think I'm on to something. It looked good in the mirror anyway.

Pat Perreli does the fart noise to get the horse to come to a halt.

Whyner wrote: »

Oh for the love of lil jebuz,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭skink

Whyner wrote: »

you were doing so well until you mentioned that name, never mind any of that "natural horsemanship" bull, its all just a money making scheme, alot of it is old ways rebranded and renamed!

now go wash your mouth out with soap!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

I thought Whyner was joking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I make the 'huwoh' noise in a low angry tone.

• Advertisement

fits wrote: »
    I thought Whyner was joking.

I don't get it, I just mentioned his name, the girlfriend watches it the odd time and I think I've seen it twice, what's the big deal? I know he's cheesy, however, he's not my be all and end all, just some light horsey viewing.

Sounds like you have all watched it at some stage or other.

What about the Fredericks? Are they evil as well?

I like watching their shows......anyway back on topic, going to try out my new click next week...

No one said they were evil Whyner.

Clickety click click :pac:

Advertisement