Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightclub refuses fat girls

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

so i dont see where the wrong is in this one bar of chocolate! personally i would get a migraine if i didnt have chocolate on a daily basis - call it an excuse if you wish but i would rather eat that bar than have a migraine!

Lol, that's called an addiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Malari wrote: »
    It would be ironic if he himself, was refused entry somewhere else because of his weight.

I bet he wouldn't go dribbling to the papers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

so i dont see where the wrong is in this one bar of chocolate! personally i would get a migraine if i didnt have chocolate on a daily basis - call it an excuse if you wish but i would rather eat that bar than have a migraine!

why do you think you get the migraine's in the first place???

jesus christ all mighty!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭STUBBORNGIRL

seamus wrote: »
    You can be "big boned", but that has little to do with fatness.

People with "big bones" are also known as "large framed" people. You can spot them a mile away because they're huge in stature.

Being fat is something entirely separate to this, and it's very obvious when someone has a big frame and when someone is fat. You see, fat is visible. You know when people have hands and elbows that look all soft and rounded, and even some people have knuckles and elbows which recess into their skin instead of stick out? That's overweight. Someone with "big bones" but who's not fat, will look like a normal person - i.e. they'll have some muscle definition. Having "big bones" will not make you soft and squishy. That's fat.

Well i agree to an extent but i only wrote this in response to another post where someone said that you cannot be big boned - i never associated it to being fat! re read my post again! some big boned people can be labelled fat but i know what you are saying!

I have a friend and everyone calls her big bird because she is so tall and very broad (big boned). She isnt fat but this can be portrayed by others as being so and she has been called fatty!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

people who neglect themselves and look ugly in the process can do something about it! and yes ugly people can look better - have you not seen that programme - the swan - there you go! there are means and ways around everything. i used this for comparative purposes and it has nothing to do with fat people being able to lose the weight! My point is i dont see why all these people feel the right to judge fat people! Simple as!

I was always told one chocolate bar a day never did any harm and i live by that so i dont think that is too much chocolate do you?? Food affects people in different ways/ People with high metabolisms will burn that one bar off quicker than i will - so i dont see where the wrong is in this one bar of chocolate! personally i would get a migraine if i didnt have chocolate on a daily basis - call it an excuse if you wish but i would rather eat that bar than have a migraine!

I just dont think it is right in people coming on here and just saying lose weight so blase!!! it is not that easy

Your not going to get a migrane because you don't eat chocolate, i'm sorry but that is pure crap. If you do get a migrane it's more likely due to the sugar you need and you should have it checked by your gp , you can get it into your system in better ways than that...and we know it's not easy but nothign worth having is i'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

people who neglect themselves and look ugly in the process can do something about it! and yes ugly people can look better - have you not seen that programme - the swan - there you go!
    Thousands on plastic surgery can't be compared to cutting out high-cal foods and going for a long walk every evening or paying a few quid to do a session in the gym every few nights.
    I was always told one chocolate bar a day never did any harm and i live by that so i dont think that is too much chocolate do you?? Food affects people in different ways/ People with high metabolisms will burn that one bar off quicker than i will - so i dont see where the wrong is in this one bar of chocolate! personally i would get a migraine if i didnt have chocolate on a daily basis - call it an excuse if you wish but i would rather eat that bar than have a migraine!
    Are you really putting in a good bit of exercise regularly and eating healthily apart from one chocolate bar a day? I don't mean to be smart but sometimes people think they're eating healthily when they're not - e.g. white bread is lethally fattening. Processed breakfast cereals are full of sugar (and I'm not talking about the obvious sugary ones like Crunchy Nut Cornflakes, Frosties etc). Too much potatoes and white pasta (without sauces) - fattening.
    I just dont think it is right in people coming on here and just saying lose weight so blase!!! it is not that easy
    I know it isn't. I put on considerable weight in my late teens because of being on the pill, and prior to that I would have been one of the "oh just eat healthily and exercise" types but that weight gain gave me a good insight into how it's just not that simple. However I lost the weight - it was hard but possible.

tribulus wrote: »
    Lol, that's called an addiction.

Exactly!!! and in response to another persons post - I dont get migraines every day so therefore how does it cause it in the first place????? :confused:

It is withdrawals symptoms that gives me the migraine so yes it is an addiction - jsut like cigarettes!

It's more to do with a blood sugar crash than addiction though. The sugar in fruit would relieve that migraine. I know fruit will never be anything like chocolate, but sugar is sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Dudess wrote: »
    It's more to do with a blood sugar crash than addiction though. The sugar in fruit would relieve that migraine. I know fruit will never be anything like chocolate, but sugar is sugar.

I doubt it's really a migraine either, any more than people with the sniffles have the flu (influenza).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

i disagree - there are lots of skinny people out there that are not that good looking - spots on their face - why dont they get rid of them ....ah maybe because they have tried everything and cant!

Being rude about fat people is the same as being rude about people with acne and calling them ugly!

Again, being unable to get rid of acne and being unable to get rid of fat are too different things. Fat is a result of over eating. Close your mouth and exercise (Not directed at you).
    People may be trying to change but cant - or are finding it difficult!! What is your point? and you can be big boned - which is genetic - it is also to do with the environment you grew up in - your lifestyle of habits - I doubt it very much that fat people choose to be that way - and some are lazy and wouldnt walk to the shop and that is their problem - but i do exercise and I eat healthily most of the time but i like my chocolate and find it hard to give up - just like a smoker addicted to cigarettes - doesnt make me any less healthy - i could run and not get out of breath but i dont see why people like you come on a thread like this and make assumptions and condemn people for being fat when you do not know their circumstances!

Fat people, the majority of times, do choose to be that way by not educating themselves, having a poor diet and not exercising. What are your circumstances that have you overweight? And please, don't use the big boned excuse, because it is simply that, an excuse.
    I hope everything is hunky dory in your life and you have no problems! i personally would prefer to be fat than to be thin and addicted to heroin or have any other serious ailment! no one is perfect and as long as you remember that you wont go far wrong!

My life is going pretty well so far, I eat well most of the time and exercise. I'm not bigheaded about it. If I eat rubbish I'd put on fat. If I eat well and train, I lose the fat. I have no clue where your heroin comment came from however.
    people who neglect themselves and look ugly in the process can do something about it! and yes ugly people can look better - have you not seen that programme - the swan - there you go! there are means and ways around everything. i used this for comparative purposes and it has nothing to do with fat people being able to lose the weight! My point is i dont see why all these people feel the right to judge fat people! Simple as!

I'm not aware of 'The Swan' but I assume it's some kind of programme where people go under the knife? There is a big difference between getting potentially dangerour plastic surgery for aesthetic purposes and exercising/eating well for health purposes at no risk to your wellbeing.

If you get a migraine simply because you don't eat a bar of chocolate a day, maybe you should visit your GP as it may be a sign of something more serious.

If you have a low metabolism, then exercise more and look into improving your diet and eating times.

• Advertisement

its funny that you say that because for my breakfast every morning i have strawberries, kiwi, mango, and pineapple. I also have an apple in the evening but the one common thing i have noticed is that i crave chocolate after these! i dont like sugary cereal and dont eat it - also dont relaly like milk! i eat a proper dinner 5nights out of the week and the odd time i can have an evening where i pig out! but i most certainly watch what i eat and my friends will tell you that!!! so where do you go!

Anyway this is takign from the thread but just wanted to stress that! things are not always black or white!! :)

Im happy out so long as i know i am trying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Naos wrote: »
    I'm not aware of 'The Swan' but I assume it's some kind of programme where people go under the knife? There is a big difference between getting potentially dangerour plastic surgery for aesthetic purposes and exercising/eating well for health purposes at no risk to your wellbeing.

It's a program where women get thousands of euros worth of cosmetic surgery and personal training so they can look the way they always wanted. Unsurprisingly they're still the same insecure, fragile people with the same low self-esteem they had before they got all the work done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Why do you hate fat people? Like...why do you care?

My boyfriend is fatphobic (clearly I have a fantastic personality >_>) and I don't understand why a stranger's size bothers him so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

things are not always black or white!!
    They are when it comes to being severely overweight.

I would say a lot of overweight people who give up because they find it hard and get frustrated do so because the results aren't instantaneous enough - and then it's kinda shrugged off as being pointless.
    If you exercise daily and cut down your calories you will lose weight. It's basic mathematics. A woman needs to burn approximately 2,000 calories a day. If you cut your calorie intake down to 1,700 per day (and it's easy to do that with the right foods and exercise) you will burn 300 calories from the excess fat you're storing. It doesn't show up immediately, but it definitely will.
    When people say "losing weight is hard"... hang on a sec. It's not. What is required to lose the weight is hard, and maintaining that is hard.

It's a program where women get thousands of euros worth of cosmetic surgery and personal training so they can look the way they always wanted. Unsurprisingly they're still the same insecure, fragile people with the same low self-esteem they had before they got all the work done.

I so agree with you! I know a girl who lost 5 stone and will tell you now that she was so much happier when she had the weight - i know this is probably a case of 1 in every 5 but as long as people are happy, confident and go about their life as normal who are we (or ye in this case) to condemn them!

LOL - STUBBORNGIRL, you can't compare losing five stone to the ridiculous crap that's done on The Swan.
    I would say the girl you know is a MAJOR exception. Why was she happier five stone heavier? That's baffling!
    And they all end up looking like plastic, generic barbies.

I so agree with you! I know a girl who lost 5 stone and will tell you now that she was so much happier when she had the weight - i know this is probably a case of 1 in every 5 but as long as people are happy, confident and go about their life as normal who are we (or ye in this case) to condemn them!

Gah. Honestly, I don't mean to come across as a d1ck but you seem to just trying to defend your current positon.

I really, really find it hard to believe that someone who lost that much weight and fair play to her, credit where credit is due, would be happier when she was heavier. If that was the case, why lose the weight in the first place?

As for your breakfast: Is that a smoothie you are having every morning?

Edit: Thanks Trib, figured it was something like that so my point can stay the same :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

and that's a problem how? ;):)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭Homer

Piste wrote: »
    Why do you hate fat people? Like...why do you care?

My boyfriend is fatphobic (clearly I have a fantastic personality >_>) and I don't understand why a stranger's size bothers him so much.

It's not so much to do with their size as it is to do with him being afraid they'll eat him? I have a recuring dream like that.
    In my dream I always tell the story of the three billy goats gruff and that there will be somebody along in a minute bigger and more tasty than me and I escape every time!

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    and that's a problem how? ;):)
    Oh, so you're a plastic tit man eh? :)

LOL - STUBBORNGIRL, you can't compare losing five stone to the ridiculous crap that's done on The Swan.
    I would say the girl you know is a MAJOR exception. Why was she happier five stone heavier? That's baffling!

Because its all psychological at the end of the day! its the perception you have in your appearance regardless of how you got to your point of skinnyness - be that losing 5 stone or going under the knife! And i think i could name a few more while i am at that! so not MAJOR at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

You have a recurring dream in which fat people are trying to eat you?

Gah.

As for your breakfast: Is that a smoothie you are having every morning?

:)

No its plain fruit that i eat in a bowl and prepare freshly myself ! Why??

Because its all psychological at the end of the day! its the perception you have in your appearance regardless of how you got to your point of skinnyness - be that losing 5 stone or going under the knife! And i think i could name a few more while i am at that! so not MAJOR at all!
    I would say definitely "major". If someone is unhappy about themselves and overweight, losing the weight is gonna do nothing but make them feel happier about themselves.

Well stubborn - I would disagree with you completely. I really could not imagine that an overweight person would decided to exercise and eat well, then lose the weight and think "Hey, people no longer stare at me walking down the street, my clothes fit me well, I feel great, I feel more confident* - This sucks I want to go back to my old ways".

Again, I'd say your healthy eating is not as healthy as you're making it out to be. Your breakfast is loaded with sugar for a start.

*In cases where confidence was an issue due to being overweight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Not acceptable or attractive to who?

It's not acceptable to the club manager. Sure he's a hypocrite and sounds like a dick but so what?

Being morbidly obese should not be acceptable for the same reason that smoking is not acceptable. It's a drain on the state. Oh btw if you think having a special area built to go for a cigarette in makes up for standing in the pissing of rain then you're probably not a smoker.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    It may be a "true" comment but it wouldn't be fair to point out someone's faults just for the sake of it. You'd have to ask yourself what exactly do you hope to gain from telling them.

I disagree. I don't think we'd be seeing the massive increase in obesity if piling food into yourself was looked down upon. Obviously people shouldn't be going around telling people they're overweight but nor is it ok to say it's grand that they are.

It's like in New York where if I spark up people look at me like I'm walking down the street torturing a cat. Trust me I smoke a lot less when I'm subjected to public scorn and stupid old twats trying to snatch my cigarette out of my mouth.

I would say definitely "major". If someone is unhappy about themselves and overweight, losing the weight is gonna do nothing but make them feel happier about themselves.

yeah but what if they only feel unhappy because of the way society see's them! i think i am fine the way i am but threads like these make me mad! they make me think that i have to transform into a skinny person to be accepted - this leads then to anorexia and bulimia and all the sorts

And i am not making excuses for the way i am!!!

Well stubborn - I would disagree with you completely. I really could not imagine that an overweight person would decided to exercise and eat well, then lose the weight and think "Hey, people no longer stare at me walking down the street, my clothes fit me well, I feel great, I feel more confident* - This sucks I want to go back to my old ways".

Again, I'd say your healthy eating is not as healthy as you're making it out to be. Your breakfast is loaded with sugar for a start.

*In cases where confidence was an issue due to being overweight

ITS FRUIT!!! GET A GRIP!!! would i be better with rashers and sausages?? now come on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

It's ok to have sugar in the morning, you metabolise it quite quickly and need it to get you going. Fruit is a natural source of sugar and it sounds like a very healthy breakfast to me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement