Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightclub refuses fat girls

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    And?

Fat people get the same size drinks as everyone else and could never possibly slake their gargantuan thirsts by, er, buying more of them. Your orignial post still doesn't make sense.

Good Christ, you're right. *shoots self.*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

Magpie! wrote: »
    St Helier is one of the deadest towns in the world. (Chipper shut at 9pm - WTF??)

There's probably only about 2 dozen people on the whole island who would want to go to a nightclub.

I can't see how turning anyone away would make sense.

Maybe in this place:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miniscule_of_Sound

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Jesus not another "fat birds" thread.

In any case if it was due to health and safety like putting an obese person at the emergency exit on a plane, fine, but a nightclub. BS really.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Who the hell goes to a night club for dinner?

Colin Farrell.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Anyone got the facebook link ?

Imagine actually being morbidly obese :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Maybe it's fat drunken girls wedged into stilletos that seem to think other peoples feet are the dance floor when they're flailing and stomping around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

In fairness if you go to a nightclub and it's a weight watcher convention, you are hardly gonna go back there .....

with your mates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

If the manager had a brain he would of just told the bouncers to refuse fat birds because the wernt the type of customer the club wanted. 'Management reserves the right' and not give any reason... instead of actually telling them 'it is coz you is fat'. Seems like a publicity stunt... then again its in Jersey which hardly has a huge target market...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Pen1987 wrote: »
    Seems like a publicity stunt... then again its in Jersey which hardly has a huge target market...

I'm not so sure about that. I believe a number of years back Q Bar in Dublin was sued for refusing a man in his 70's who was out with his family celebrating a birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Pen1987 wrote: »
    If the manager had a brain he would of just told the bouncers to refuse fat birds because the wernt the type of customer the club wanted. 'Management reserves the right' and not give any reason... instead of actually telling them 'it is coz you is fat'. Seems like a publicity stunt... then again its in Jersey which hardly has a huge target market...

Careful now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

I can see next weeks headlines now.
    Ryanair ban fat people.
    They're too heavy for my planes says O' Leary. "With the removal of all these rolly pollies from regular services we will be able to reduce the amount of fuel we need in the planes and therby continue to offer LOW-LOW prices," said the media friendly head honcho of the no frills airline. O' Leary is sure to be contacted by the EU equality commision regarding this contraversial move but the clever air maestro has a trick up his sleeve; "Yes I can confirm that we're considering the option of special fat person flights. We're going to call it Fat-Bottomed Girls Air; the flights will be just like the flights that us skinny people take except we'll be using planes especially adapted for the fatties. Boeing do a special model of 747 where the nose cone can be opened to accomdate large loads." "It will also allow us to fit in a burger bar and chipper." quipped the air commisar.

Thin end of the wedge tbh!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

a Facebook protest page has been set up

Wow, that'll teach them. Imagine the publicity of a place that DOESN'T have fat chicks, they'll be closed in days.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Are they actually trying to claim that this is health and safety issue, or a matter of space, or have they admitted the truth - that guys want to go to clubs full of hot women in skimpy clothing so they can look at them.

It's the same principle as the "ladies free in before 11" thing which used to go on. Men spend way more money in clubs and pubs than women do, therefore more hot women = more men = more money.

If a club has a reputation for having unattractive women, it attracts less men (but probably attracts more unattractive women). If a club has a reputation of being full of young, nimble, attractive little hotties, there'll be a queue of men a mile long.

It's simple economics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭andyl222

Well most nightclubs refuse someone if they have drunk too much, so why not if they have eaten too much. 'sorry not tonight ladies, ya seem to have a bit too much cake onboard. Come back next week maybe....'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I admire this man in his crusade against the morbidly obese!

But I do see a business opportunity here, how long before someone opens "Big Momma's" across the road?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Tazdedub wrote: »
    I wonder if Coppers might introduce this policy. :D

They'd be out of business from what i can see.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Tazdedub

Dragan wrote: »

I suppose it would rule plan b,c,d,e and f out the window they introduced that policy. Imagine the riot at 3am and you havent pulled. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Finally somebody makes a stand.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭Homer

Tazdedub wrote: »
    "I was disgusted he had the nerve to say this. My friend, who is only a size 14, was not allowed in either."

:eek: Only a size 14!! :eek:

Peronally I find all these obese stories horrible.

Don't you think they have enough on their plate?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Finally somebody makes a stand.

+1

the amount of fat (size 16+) women around compared to 5 years ago is shocking:mad:

Homer wrote: »

Don't you think they have enough on their plate?

:D:D I think that's the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Dragan wrote: »

That's because the one big girl that snuck in the back door of the club is blocking your view of all the stunners :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭Homer

pvt.joker wrote: »
    :D:D I think that's the problem

Knew I should have put a smiley on the end! Hate explaining my jokes :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Size 14 is generally that of an average sized girl - not slim but certainly not big. It's that size at which pudginess is starting but can be easily hidden. In general though - it depends on the girl's height, build etc too.
    I don't see anything hugely wrong with this. If a nightclub didn't let people who smoked in, that wouldn't cause much uproar, yet essentially this isn't a million miles away from it.

Anyone who has seen Super Size Me may remember the scene where they are discussing smoking, and how it is perfectly acceptable to tell people they shouldn't smoke, its bad for them,etc. One person then remarks "how long will it take before we can tell people to stop being fat? That it's bad for them, and they should try to get healthy"

This will happen...

eventually
    You're not comparing like with like. Smoking is banned in public places because of the health risk posed by passive smoking.
    seamus wrote: »
    If a club has a reputation for having unattractive women, it attracts less men (but probably attracts more unattractive women). If a club has a reputation of being full of young, nimble, attractive little hotties, there'll be a queue of men a mile long.

It's simple economics.
    Yep, it looks as if that's the reason why.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Maybe its because when they stop dancing, they keep on jiggling!!

In fairness though, fat birds do try harder ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

who's gonna dance to mika's song now?

- ZING!

jd wrote: »

Gott in Himmel :eek::eek::eek:

fair play to the bouncers I say, they spared some poor sod from waking up next to that beast the next morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Dudess wrote: »
    Size 14 is generally that of an average sized girl - not slim but certainly not big. It's that size at which pudginess is starting but can be easily hidden. In general though - it depends on the girl's height, build etc too.

Isn't an American size 14 different to what a size 14 would be over here?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement