Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightclub refuses fat girls

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Dudess wrote: »
    To judge a person though on their weight is really bad form

No its not, there is absolutely nothing wrong with judging a person on their weight, it just depends what is is you are judging them for. If you see someone who is thin and toned you can make the judgement that they probably eat healthy, excercise and generally look after themselves. When you see someone who is overweight, there is nothing wrong with assuming that they eat too much and don't get enough excercise.

As for the nightclub in the article, I have no problem with them refusing these girls, and I applaud them for giving the true reason. It may even spur some people into living healthier lives. I sincerely hope they are refusing fat blokes also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

As long as the club denies entry to fat men too, I have no problem with it. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭Homer

Honestly, I don't know what all the fuss is about.. For every large lady out there there is a bloke somewhere out there for them..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

MIN2511 wrote: »
    I am sick of ye lads talking about fat girls!!! If it's not fat girls it's how Foreign(Polish) women are hotter than Irish women...
    They are deal with it.

HERE HERE Alan!! :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

marti101 wrote: »
    NO 3 I KNOW SOMEBODY LIKKE THAT WILL BUY A 12 AND CAN NOT PULL UP THE ZIP ON A PAIR OF JEANS.THEY END UP WITH BUILDERS BUM.BUT THEY WILL INSIST THAT THEY ARE A 12,ME ON THE OTHER HAND SIZE 16 BUT WILL ACTUALLY BUY THE NEXT SIZE UP FOR COMFORT.

Ah delusion!! The fat people who complain and moan about being fat and do nothing about are the ones that annoy me. Maybe this is the kick up the ass these women need to sort themselves out before they end up with serious health problems!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Dinter wrote: »
    Ah yes but it's a lot easier to see a lot of fat women walking down the street than it is to see mens penises!! :pac:

True!

rolls of fat etc; definitely not healthy and puts a strain on the health...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

is_that_so wrote: »

Freddy was gay though

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

In fairness, have you seen fat polish girls?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

antodeco wrote: »
    In fairness, have you seen fat polish girls?

They couldn't afford to get fat. Gluttony is a bad trait the Irish people seem to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

If i am ever refused for my weight, I will sit on the bouncer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

True!

rolls of fat etc; definitely not healthy and puts a strain on the health...
    thats true
    Yeah, this story wasn't about the size 14 girl, it was about the rest of them that some lovely posters linked pics of.
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/07/29/article-1039500-021B08E700000578-383_233x349.jpg
    for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

No its not being delusional i had a baby 5 months a go and still trying to lose the weight.We dont all have nannies to look after kids so i can spend the day in the gym.I bet you are all perfect not a thing wrong
    about all of yous.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

+1 on refusing them. I don't understand this "proud to be fat" attitude.............you're proud to be unhealthy?

Now when I mean fat I don't mean a little overweight, I mean "Jesus!! Look at the size of yer 'wan!! Eurggh, that tank-top is too tight on her, I can see the rolls!!"

Plus, if they were let in then this could happen to some poor drunk sod:
    http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d107/christina1226/Jared-Subway-sex-fat-woman.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Wreck wrote: »
    No its not, there is absolutely nothing wrong with judging a person on their weight, it just depends what is is you are judging them for. If you see someone who is thin and toned you can make the judgement that they probably eat healthy, excercise and generally look after themselves. When you see someone who is overweight, there is nothing wrong with assuming that they eat too much and don't get enough excercise.
    Yeah I know. That's why I put an emphasis on person - as in, if you let a person's size cloud your assessment of their personality, you're displaying quite a bit of ignorance.

I know, people who are overweight and moan about it all the time, or who bitch about being discriminated against, are pains in the arse - like that gobshyte who was on Pop Idol and then Celebrity Fit Club http://www.bbc.co.uk/totp/secret_shots/images/20031125_rik_waller.jpg... but not all of them are like that. Some of them don't say anything about their weight, and in that case, their size is their business and they shouldn't be shunned, ridiculed, bullied etc for it.

Oh yeah, and it's bollocks about Polish women. Some of them are hot, some of them are not - like all women.

marti101 wrote: »
    No its not being delusional i had a baby 5 months a go and still trying to lose the weight.We dont all have nannies to look after kids so i can spend the day in the gym.I bet you are all perfect not a thing wrong
    about all of yous.:confused:
    I think that post was in reference to the person you know who buys clothes that are too small for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Anarking

Duggy747 wrote: »
    +1 on refusing them. I don't understand this "proud to be fat" attitude.............you're proud to be unhealthy?

Some people are proud to drink, smoke and take drugs, why is it such a stretch that someone might be proud to be fat?

I think the "proud to be fat" thing is a load of bollocks too though, because it's just a form of denial/delusion. If a very overweight and proud of it person was offered a pill to make the flab melt away overnight, they'd grab it.

However some very overweight people may not be proud of it and may long to be slim (and may be doing something about it too - it takes time) but they're not gonna let it get in the way of them going out etc. And nothing wrong with that. They shouldn't feel like they have to sit at home all the time. Anyway, if they did, they'd no doubt get a load of stick for being lazy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Tazdedub

I wonder how the club management decide who is fat and who isn't, is based purely on sight or do they have something like a metal detector only that is detects how much fat is on a person and if they are above a certain number it beeps and they are refused entry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I support this product and/or service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

A step to improve their health, bravo club manager, bravo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

Oh yeah? Well, they'll just go and open their own nightclub, with chocolate, and biscuits. In fact, forget about the nightclub.

Duggy747 wrote: »

Now when I mean fat I don't mean a little overweight, I mean "Jesus!! Look at the size of yer 'wan!! Eurggh, that tank-top is too tight on her, I can see the rolls!!"

Plus, if they were let in then this could happen to some poor drunk sod:
    http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d107/christina1226/Jared-Subway-sex-fat-woman.jpg

ROFLMFAO
    FuzzyLogic wrote: »
    thats true
    Yeah, this story wasn't about the size 14 girl, it was about the rest of them that some lovely posters linked pics of.
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/07/29/article-1039500-021B08E700000578-383_233x349.jpg
    for example.
    tbh, she looks bigger than a 14...

ROFLMFAO

I think the 14 was referring to the number of wagon wheels she could fit in her mouth in one go?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

14 was her friends size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

ROFLMFAO

Thats what I said min, you're probably drunk again >_> ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Anarking

Im guessing shes getting this kind of abuse everwhere else, also gonna bet she just left it.

FuzzyLogic wrote: »
    Thats what I said min, you're probably drunk again >_>

hehehehe

nah just a bit stressed out...
    Homer wrote: »
    I think the 14 was referring to the number of wagon wheels she could fit in her mouth in one go?

Mean!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭dee8839

As long as its not just fat women they refuse entry to, fair enough. Fat men are just the same.

I disapprove of the "I'm size XXL and I love my body" people. No. You don't. Or if you do, you shouldn't. Its one thing if its baby weight, glandular or something like that. But when its just gluttony and laziness, you should not be proud. And this club owner is well within his rights to refuse such people.

And I can sort of see how it makes business sense too - good looking patrons mean more popularity. Although...its Jersey, surely people aren't spoilt for choice with nightclubs anyway so should he not be more lenient for his own sake?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement