Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Trade In for January

Options
  • 30-07-2008 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All, looking for some advice from trade, what type of trade in should I expect on a 2006 focus zetec with bluetooth, metallic silver, 85000km by January (won't bother listing all the airbags etc etc like on carzone!). What could i realistically be looking at for a January purchase? Thinking of getting a pro ceed or a mini but depends on the trade .
    Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I don't think any advice received now relating to a January price is of any value to you. No garages will quote you a value 5/6 months away because too much can change in the meantime.

To prove my point, imagine you had posted here in early December last year asking for a value for your car in June. Between changes in legislation, changes in prices and the general economic malaise, any advice you received would be absolutely worthless and 100% incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Thats true, thanks Chris!

Advertisement