Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

AC/DC 2008/2009 Tour

• 30-07-2008 12:15pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I just heard about this today and when I try a Google search I get a lot of lastfm pages which say that ACDC are playing Slane on 29th of August, 2009.

Anyone got any more news on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

I really hope so - Mountcharles has been tryin to get AC/DC for years now and it would be a great gig for them! Back to the "proper" Slane - ROCK!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I also saw on lastfm that Ac/DC, Muse & Foo Fighters were going to be headlining Download this year, but look at the let down that followed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

This is the only credible thing i can find about the tour...http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=101808

Id put the lastfm thing down as some idiot having a laugh

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Yeah ACDC have had a fantastic mythical gig at slane for about the last 6 years.
    Love it if it happened tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I would give my left nut to see this happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Yeah ACDC have had a fantastic mythical gig at slane for about the last 6 years.
    Love it if it happened tho.

Yea, I heard that ACDC were playing Slane every year since about 1999!

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Yea, I heard that ACDC were playing Slane every year since about 1999!

Every year?! That would have been awesome :pac:

When was the last time they played Ireland? Surely they'll visit us again when touring the new album!

Also with O'Brien producing the new album, hopefully it should be good :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,638 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Caco wrote: »
    Every year?! That would have been awesome :pac:

When was the last time they played Ireland? Surely they'll visit us again when touring the new album!

Also with O'Brien producing the new album, hopefully it should be good :)

Was it the 1996 gig in the Point? It was pretty empty and underwhelming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭ec18

they played the point (i think) in 2001 on the stiff upper lip tour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,638 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

ec18 wrote: »
    they played the point (i think) in 2001 on the stiff upper lip tour

They didnt come on that tour due to disinterest on the previous tour. It was definately 1996 the last time they were here. The RDS gig and Belfast gig were cancelled and amalgamated into one gig in the Point due to poor ticket sales. Even still it was fairly empty. Think the Wildhearts supported iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

It was 1996 on the Ballbreaker tour when they were last here, as machiavelli said. To be fair, I don't remember it as being particularly empty although it probably wasn't a sellout. It was a good gig, although not as good as the second night in the RDS in 1982 on the For Those About To Rock... tour. They've actually only played six or seven gigs in Ireland over their entire career.

At least there is a tour this time, maybe the Slane rumours will finally come true. I'd say they will be cautious though, just in case. Rock has become more popular again of late but we're still way behind most of the rest of Europe in audience size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I hope to christ they come here - AC/DC are my favourite band.
    I imagine I'll go to a gig or 2 in the UK also.
    Love them (RIP Bon)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Since they last played here (in 1996 I believe it was), there is now a new generation of fans (like myself) who are eager to see them, so I reckon they may sellout a gig if they came to play here again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

I can't believe that the Ballbreaker Tour in The Point wasn't a sellout!!

I would also give my arm or any other body part to see them, including my a$$!

If they don't come to Dublin i'm going the UK to finally realise one of my "things to do before I die" and see AC/DC belting out the tunes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

It's true rock has become more popular again of late, but would they sell out Slane? I'm not so sure they would. Having said that, I'll be going for a hat trick of gigs if they do come to Ireland! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

blastman wrote: »
    It's true rock has become more popular again of late, but would they sell out Slane? I'm not so sure they would. Having said that, I'll be going for a hat trick of gigs if they do come to Ireland! :D

in think they'd need a pretty big band on the bill with them to sell it out tbh. i dunno,maybe someone like motley crue or axls current incarnation of a once great band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

This rumour seems to track the usual myth about Dublin winning the All Ireland. Should the Dubs do it in Sept., we can all prepare our torn denims for Slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Stella89

I loved to see them play in the new ~"point". *fingers crossed*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 R Palmer

Picked up from another Website a small bit of hope for an Ireland concert :)

AC/DC Tickets - AC / DC Tour 2008/2009
    AC/DC Tickets - London tba 2008/2009
    AC/DC Tickets - Manchester tba 2008/2009
    AC/DC Tickets - Dublin tba 2008/2009
    AC/DC Tickets - Glasgow tba 2008/2009

R Palmer wrote: »
    Picked up from another Website a small bit of hope for an Ireland concert :)

AC/DC Tickets - AC / DC Tour 2008/2009
    AC/DC Tickets - London tba 2008/2009
    AC/DC Tickets - Manchester tba 2008/2009
    AC/DC Tickets - Dublin tba 2008/2009
    AC/DC Tickets - Glasgow tba 2008/2009

Well whoever posted that is certainly giving themselves enough room to manouevre, spacing a possibility between 17 months there. But sure a list like that appears on scarlet mist every now and again(for other bands), and its so far wide of the mark you'd lose interest. Just wait and see what happens, everyone will want to post any dates to say they've them first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

few thinkgs:

as its still no were near confirmed i think its still safe to talk about but if they do announce slane we wont be allowed talk about it! (just warning all the AC/DC fans dont wanna lose anyone)

they were actually due to play dublin last year, they had a full european tour pencilled in but then cancelled it before they went through with anything! :mad: the sotnes were supposed to play the rds but then were moved because of the ac/dc cancellation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭ec18

they were actually due to play dublin last year, they had a full european tour pencilled in but then cancelled it before they went through with anything! :mad: the sotnes were supposed to play the rds but then were moved because of the ac/dc cancellation!

Source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

ec18 wrote: »
    Source?

inside source!! :) i used to work for the unmentionable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

AC/DC would surely sell out slane.
    Over 300million album sales.
    Nearly 4 decades of amazing music.
    Every rock fan in the country would want to be there.
    As big a draw as the Stones in my opinion.
    Tickets would be like gold-dust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

IF they were to play Slane, who would be on your wishlist to be supporting them. (don't say Airbourne....)

I'm thinking of the day I had when the Chillis played Slane and QOTSA/Foos/PJ Harvey/Feeder/Halite supported. What a day that was... \m/

I suppose QOTSA wouldn't be a bad support. SOme good old rock n roll ala the wildhearts or would ye prefer some newer bands....

I wouldnt mind Zeppelin. :pac:
    Or the Riders on the storm aka the doors of the 21st century.
    OR KISS!
    Or Rush.

I wouldnt mind Zeppelin. :pac:
    Or the Riders on the storm aka the doors of the 21st century.
    OR KISS!
    Or Rush.

I'd nearly leave after Rush:O

And please dont talk about QOTSA at Slane...it hurts! A funny lineup would have been Airbourne, Wolfmother, AC/DC:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

MUSE!!!!!!

Na they couldn't have muse, they'd knock the ****e outta AC/DC...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

can't wait for the new album - i'll be first in line outside wal-mart :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

ACDC kick all ass. Even Muse ass.
    Not Led Zeppelin ass, that's a bit much.
    But goddammit if there actually is a concert, finally, that will be one hell of a night.
    Im off to see a zeppelin tribute band this weekend.
    I'm trying to expand my musical tastes to include new bands. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement