Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

AC/DC 2008/2009 Tour

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I recommend Muse:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭ec18

Muse are ****e live I saw them in Dublin on the Black Holes Tour and there was as much atmosphere as there was listening to the album at home. My Uncle who saw them in London said exactly the same thing.

As a live act I'd AC DC would kick Zep's ass (:eek:) They are probably the best live band ever.

ec18 wrote: »
    They are probably the best live band ever.

Have you actually seen AC/DC live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 R Palmer

Hopefully it will be as good as Belfast 1991.
    CCF15082008_00000.jpg

Have you actually seen AC/DC live?
    no but i have read reviews and there are the only band that i continually hear talked about as one of the best live shows and the hardest working band in rock.

• Advertisement

no but i have read reviews and there are the only band that i continually hear talked about as one of the best live shows and the hardest working band in rock.
    Oh, well then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

So you never seen AC/DC live and they're the best live band ever, and Muse are rubbish live!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Muse_awards

Personally AC/DC supporting Pink Floyd at slane would be the perfect concert! Booze it up during the day with ac/dc, then relax with a spliff when PF came on!

Quint wrote: »
    So you never seen AC/DC live and they're the best live band ever, and Muse are rubbish live!

I merely expressed an opinion about MUSE (who I have seen live) and they were ****e. Fair enough you disagree.

Am I not allowed to share what I have read in numerous magazines and other books about rock music? You and magicMarker are obviously MUSE fans and have taken offence to my saying that they are ****e live, but thats my opinion and it happens to be shared by some of my friends and family members who have also seen them.

I've never seen Led Zep live either but would you have a problem if I said that they were the greatest live act?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Too right buddy. Sher I have never seen Queen live, just the concert footage. Same for Zeppelin and ACDC. You can tell a good live band from concert footage, definitely.
    I know without a doubt that ACDC live would rule all ass.

I couldn't give a crap about what you say about muse... But then you go on to say that AC/DC are the best live band ever, yet you've never seen them. Doesn't make a hole lot of sense... Then again even if you had seen them it still wouldn't make sense, because it's all a matter of opinion:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I couldn't give a crap about what you say about muse... But then you go on to say that AC/DC are the best live band ever, yet you've never seen them. Doesn't make a hole lot of sense... Then again even if you had seen them it still wouldn't make sense, because it's all a matter of opinion:)

That's what I meant. I know 1 muse song, but saw them live and thought they were great.
    "Am I not allowed to share what I have read in numerous magazines and other books about rock music?" course you are, and we're allowed to disagree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Personally AC/DC supporting Pink Floyd at slane would be the perfect concert! Booze it up during the day with ac/dc, then relax with a spliff when PF came on!

+1^^ the perfect day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

and Muse are rubbish live!

Controversial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

Artwork revealed, release date is October 20:D
    2773649895_f40c1c0dae.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

MUSE!!!!!!

Na they couldn't have muse, they'd knock the ****e outta AC/DC...

Much as I love Muse, that's bollocks. AC/DC are one of those bands that have such an incredible back catalogue they don't need to create stage shows. The first few bars of Back in Black can make ANY band sound ****ing amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Love the artwork. They should have a single out soon shouldn't they?

Edit: I just checked. The 28th. I'm sure it's in this thread already. Nine days to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Artwork revealed, release date is October 20:D
    2773649895_f40c1c0dae.jpg

About time too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

God I'd give anything to see both Muse and ACDC live tbh. Both are teh awesomesauce :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Nice artwork.

Body parts will be sold to see them live and realise a life-long dream.

My ideal play-list will have lots of Powerage songs and a little bit of everything else (including Fly on the wall!!)

30 second song preview on the myspace http://www.myspace.com/acdc

Sounds like a pretty stock guitar piece, nothing earth-shattering

• Advertisement

30 second song preview on the myspace http://www.myspace.com/acdc

Sounds like a pretty stock guitar piece, nothing earth-shattering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

R Palmer wrote: »
    Picked up from another Website a small bit of hope for an Ireland concert :)

AC/DC Tickets - AC / DC Tour 2008/2009
    AC/DC Tickets - London tba 2008/2009******
    AC/DC Tickets - Manchester tba 2008/2009
    AC/DC Tickets - Dublin tba 2008/2009
    AC/DC Tickets - Glasgow tba 2008/2009

Rumours abounded around Reading today that AC/DC headline next year's event.:cool: Buddhists say if you believe enough, it will happen. Now where's my copy of The Power of Positive Thinking for Dummies.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Album release date still the 20th october?
    In the US it's a walmart only release.
    Cant frigging wait. Still waiting on a confirmation of any irish dates though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I don't care when or where it is, if it means my firstborn has to be given up to go, so be it.
    Just to hear the opening cords of back in black with 1000's of others shall be worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Heard Thomond Park!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭el_tiddlero

buck65 wrote: »
    Heard Thomond Park!

where'd you hear that??
    are you sure you didn't just read a headline that said "All Black's Come Back" and mistake it for "Back in Black???"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Ian Dempsey played the full track just after 8am this morning. Sounds like vintage AC/DC to me. One listener commented that it sounded a bit like Highway To Hell and I thought that was a fair comment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I wouldn't compare it to their old stuff, it's a bit weak in the knees for that. I hoped for a stronger rythm section. It's not a bad song but I'll wait to judge the album as a whole. For lazy people:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba4xujkWeQ4

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement