Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

AC/DC 2008/2009 Tour

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I like, I like a lot. Roll on the new album :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Yeah ACDC have had a fantastic mythical gig at slane for about the last 6 years.
    Love it if it happened tho.

Same could be said for the album [which has finally arrived]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

An Aussie website has given the new album a pretty good review http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,26278,24261415-7624,00.html
    it is by far the best thing AC/DC has produced in a quarter of a century.

Il settle for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭scubagit

Caco wrote: »
    Every year?! That would have been awesome :pac:

When was the last time they played Ireland? Surely they'll visit us again when touring the new album!

Also with O'Brien producing the new album, hopefully it should be good :)

Think last time AC/DCplayed here was when they released The razors edge. Or I could be wrong!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

No, it was on the Ballbreaker tour in 96.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭funnyname

buck65 wrote: »
    Heard Thomond Park!

I heard Paddy Suck is promoting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Diarmuidgraham

ec18 wrote: »
    they played the point (i think) in 2001 on the stiff upper lip tour

Nope they didnt i went to Milton Keynes in England and saw them With Queens of Stone the Age, Megdeth and The Offspring on the Stiff Upper Lip tour in 2001 the last time they played Dublin was 1996

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

funnyname wrote: »
    I heard Paddy Suck is promoting it.

I heard that too!! how's the bean counting?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lucifer31

I was just looking at how the ticket sales were going in the US, as they went on sale recently for the upcoming tour. Venues were selling out in minutes. If I remember correctly, a venue in Canada sold out in 4 minutes, a record for that venue. I think it'll be the same this time round for an Irish date. I bought Ballbreaker on cassette when it came out. No one else I knew in college seemed to care about AC/DC at the time. This time it's different, at least from discussions I've had with other fans recently. I'll be going to see 'em, wherever I have to go, whatever I have to pay.
    Rock N Roll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Lucifer31 wrote: »
    I was just looking at how the ticket sales were going in the US, as they went on sale recently for the upcoming tour. Venues were selling out in minutes. If I remember correctly, a venue in Canada sold out in 4 minutes, a record for that venue. I think it'll be the same this time round for an Irish date. I bought Ballbreaker on cassette when it came out. No one else I knew in college seemed to care about AC/DC at the time. This time it's different, at least from discussions I've had with other fans recently. I'll be going to see 'em, wherever I have to go, whatever I have to pay.
    Rock N Roll.

and the tickets weren't cheap. average price was $93!! i missed out on tickets when they went on sale for the MSG show on 13/11,ended up going through ticketsnow.com and getting one for $150. same thing will happen here i reckon,they appeal to a huge cross section of rock fans and have arguably become more popular the longer they've been off the road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Slicklink

Its not Slane.

Oasis are to play Slane...............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭yknaa

2 dates in Paris (Bercy) 'announced' on worldticketshop (tout) so maybe some
    official announcement of Euro dates soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭ec18

Slicklink wrote: »
    Its not Slane.

I really doubt that they'd sell it out. Where did you hear it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Slicklink wrote: »
    Its not Slane.

We've been waiting years for AC/DC at slane. If we miss out this time because oasis of all the tosswanks are playing instead, mountcharles deserves to have the place burn down again.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Well in fairness it's hardly Oasis' fault that they are headlining. Plus indoor gig for the win. When the hell is the weather ever gonna be good in this country again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

The album is good, hopefully dates are due soon. Talking to a mate yesterday who's off to see them in NY and Boston, the fecker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SpookyDoll

heh heh anyone watchin the darts in citywest, theres someone in the audience holdin up an AC/DC FOR SLANE '08 banner.....:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

a friend of mine said that they were playing the O2 in jan , which will not happen since they will be somewhere in America. But he also said Iron Maiden would be supporting them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

they've announced these dates so far:

18 Feb 2009 Oslo NO Telenor Arena
    20 Feb 2009 Stockholm SE The Globe
    05 Mar 2009 Leipzig DE Halle 1
    07 Mar 2009 Dusseldorf DE ISS Dome
    09 Mar 2009 Oberhausen DE KoPi Arena
    11 Mar 2009 Bremen DE AWD Dome
    15 Mar 2009 Dortmund DE Westfallenhalle
    17 Mar 2009 Prague CZ O2 Arena
    19 Mar 2009 Milan IT Datch Forum
    23 Mar 2009 Budapest HU Papp László Budapest Sportarena
    25 Mar 2009 Frankfurt DE Festhalle
    27 Mar 2009 Munich DE Olympiahalle

there's obviously a lot more dates to be announced,shouldn't have to wait too long now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

id say they will do 2 dates in each place since there is an extra day gap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

id say they will do 2 dates in each place since there is an extra day gap

But they will need the odd break too.

Trying to look for a ticket price...am guessing they'll be quite expenisve! Think the Italian one is €69...my Italian is rusty so I dunno. Only price I can see. Fun thing being I will have mid-term in March...hmmmm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Never saw the boys live and would be stoked if I did. Have to make this gig. Legends.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Seen them co-headline with the Stones in Leipzig '03, feckin great gig!!!
    Can't wait to see them here!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gordonsalive

I heard that there was going to be an announcement about Ireland today. They'd hardly NOT come here?

Also, I see the RTE website is playing tracks from Black ice today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Euro gigs selling out in mins so far - would be def hoping there's a couple of dates here just to stand a chance of getting a ticket.......

hope the announcement is today.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

Mushy wrote: »
    But they will need the odd break too.

Trying to look for a ticket price...am guessing they'll be quite expenisve! Think the Italian one is €69...my Italian is rusty so I dunno. Only price I can see. Fun thing being I will have mid-term in March...hmmmm?

I speak Italian, so if I can be of any help, just let me know..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

intimiti

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

If my sources within the world of Metallica are correct both AC/DC and Metallica could announce on the same day. Coincidence of course, but it still wont stop me pissing myself with excitement !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I'm not sure what it is, but I really like Skies On Fire.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement