Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XP Pro Repair Install

• 30-07-2008 12:22pm

I am trying to boot from the XP Pro cd to run a repair installation -- but everytime i start to boot from it, i get "sparrow.sys is corrupt, press any key to reboot". everytime.

Can anyone help me?

The reason for me trying to do this was upon the advice of one of my colleagues I imaged an HP NC6120 an NC6320 image and he said to just update the drivers

I booted up and got an error message Windows could not start because the following files were missing or corrupt
    <Windows root >\system32\hall.dll
    Please reinstall a copy of the abve file

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I imaged an HP NC6120 an NC6320 image and he said to just update the drivers

So... wait a second. You imaged a machine with an image that was designed for another model and you're surprised that it doesn't work?! Why did you have to image it yourself? Your friend is obviously a moron.

Get yourself a copy of the Ultimate Boot CD (google it) and boot into DOS with NTFS support. You should then be able to swap out the disk, go to it's dir and then go into the i386 folder. hal.dll is in there, you can just do something along the lines of;

copy d:\i386\hal.dll c:\windows\system32\hal.dll

Sorted.

Achilles wrote: »
    So... wait a second. You imaged a machine with an image that was designed for another model and you're surprised that it doesn't work?! Why did you have to image it yourself? Your friend is obviously a moron.

Get yourself a copy of the Ultimate Boot CD (google it) and boot into DOS with NTFS support. You should then be able to swap out the disk, go to it's dir and then go into the i386 folder. hal.dll is in there, you can just do something along the lines of;

copy d:\i386\hal.dll c:\windows\system32\hal.dll

Sorted.

Yeah I had my doubts and i have seen him doing this before I just assumed he had tested it with this model
    I have asked for help after it being left like this and i got the response "dunno" or "I'm busy" :rolleyes:
    I will try get a chance after lunch
    Thanks a million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Yeah I had my doubts and i have seen him doing this before I just assumed he had tested it with this model
    I have asked for help after it being left like this and i got the response "dunno" or "I'm busy" :rolleyes:
    I will try get a chance after lunch
    Thanks a million

But It begs the question... why did the machine have to be reimaged in the first place?

Achilles wrote: »
    But It begs the question... why did the machine have to be reimaged in the first place?

Its a standard procedure after a re issue also this machine is being issued to our calibration department and they insist upon it as they put their own software and settings to the original setup on it

Advertisement