Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

*** wouldn't let me on to the m50!

Options
  • 30-07-2008 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

:mad: :mad: :mad:

was coming onto the m50 about 6 yesterday evening at ballymount heading northbound. was coming to the end of the cones/bollards trying to squeez into the lane, this woman, english reg focus sped up to block me...yes sped up!!!! the traffic was only moving at 5/10 mph... so anyway i was gonna basically crash into the cones, so i said <SNIP> this and aggressively pushed in..she backed away screaming abuse!!! ...the traffic is crawling what is her problem...man i went mad! Im very curteous on the road and would never be that <SNIP> as to speed up to block someone off!

if ever i need a punch bag to vent my anger it was then!!!

rant over :D

caveat:"would never be that <SNIP> as to speed up to block someone off" ... unless its some tosser weaving and bobbing in and out of lanes!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Most road rage fades after 10 mins or so. You seem to be holding on to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Great to have folk like you on the road.

Now seriously, with a claim and rational mind now (hopefully) can you tell the class how you should have reacted to this? Lets forget about the other driver for now, we have no control over others on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭easyontheeye

6th wrote: »
    we have no control over others on the road.

but sure i had nowhere else to go, i was only asking for some curtesy!! not someone who thinks she owns the road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

i was gonna basically crash into the cones, so i said f*ck this and aggressively pushed in..

Or you could have come to a standstill, accepted her for what she was, an ignorant driver, and waited for someone with a bit of decency to let you in. No need for a reaction like yours to be honest.

so theres nobody here so far that would get annoyed like i did? :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Can I just clarify something really quick?

As I understand it she was in the lane that flows onto the M50. You were in the lane that doesn't. You came up the "straight ahead" lane and just before the bollards you tried to squeeze into the M50 lane. She wouldn't let you as she felt you were skipping the queue.

I don't know the junction, so forgive me if I misinterpreted it.

Please clarify...

AudiChris wrote: »
    Can I just clarify something really quick?

As I understand it she was in the lane that flows onto the M50. You were in the lane that doesn't. You came up the "straight ahead" lane and just before the bollards you tried to squeeze into the M50 lane. She wouldn't let you as she felt you were skipping the queue.

I don't know the junction, so forgive me if I misinterpreted it.

Please clarify...

i was in the lane that flows onto the m50. if you look at his attachment. the entry onto the m50 is like the ballymun entrance. the ballymount entrance isn't clear in the picture but its identical to the ballymun one

http://images.google.ie/imgres?imgurl=http://www.dublintraffic.com/Site0Camera84.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.dublintraffic.com/&h=288&w=384&sz=18&hl=en&start=10&um=1&tbnid=A8rjOPw5_XzgtM:&tbnh=92&tbnw=123&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dm50%2Bballymount%2Bslip%2Broad%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1G1GGLQ_ENIE285

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭blackbox

I'm quite familiar with that junction.

There is a good long long run of broken lines before you get to the cones. When on the main carriageway I always leave a gap in front of me, but you would be surprised at the number of drivers coming from Ballymount that ignore this and stay in the left hand lane, trying to join the main carriageway a few cars farther ahead.

However when they get stuck at the cones I always let these saddoes out.

Life goes on.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Yeah, a lot of drivers get annoyed at those they feel are trying to 'skip the queue'. Whether you were or not, she didn't know and may have thought you were. She was wrong to do what she did but everyone has off days and some people are just assholes.

You win some you lose some :) I would be annoyed by what she did but I wouldn't risk a crash over it.

If you were staying in the lane as long as possible to try and force yourself in a couple of cars ahead, I wouldn't let you in either.
    If you were simply "merging in turn" and she was petty enough to squabble over her 8ft of roadway, then I'd just slot in behind her and curse her under my breath.

I certainly wouldn't still be seething over it, life's too short!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

so theres nobody here so far that would get annoyed like i did? :(
    Not yet it seems. :)

wheres all the angry people!!! I didnt see an opening until the one in front of her car..which she then closed off on me! ok im going to kill myself now and put me out of my misery ... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I very rarely let people in if I know they're trying to skip cars. Not saying you were, but people that try to barge in after skipping cars and not positioning themselves in time are both bad drivers and ignorant a**holes. Some say I won't move away form their aggressive swerve in and they can judge if the hassle is worth it. An artic lorry that barged in in front of me cost me a serious amount of money before not to mind almost killing me! Swerved in in front of me causing me to have to swerve into the other lane and into another car. Guards weren't interested, lorry drove on and I was left with the bill.

Not saying you were doing that easyontheeye! Just taking a chance to rant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Or you could have joined the traffic earlier on and not drove up the hard shoulder as far!!! You probably passed 15 /20 cars by going up as far as the cones. Iv no symphathy for you, as i would have done the same

AdrianII wrote: »
    Or you could have joined the traffic earlier on and not drove up the hard shoulder as far!!! You probably passed 15 /20 cars by going up as far as the cones. Iv no symphathy for you, as i would have done the same

the slip road is as long for a reason! to give you the chance to join, i was tryed to move in in front of her about half way from the end, she blocked me and took me till the end to get in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

Sounds like she had right of way so if you hit her it would be your fault.

Ice_Box wrote: »
    Sounds like she had right of way so if you hit her it would be your fault.

no way really! :eek:

of course she had right of way , im not disputing that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

the slip road is as long for a reason! to give you the chance to join, i was tryed to move in in front of her about half way from the end, she blocked me and took me till the end to get in!

no picking but you said the traffic was heavy, so how did she block you from half way down the lane. As i see it you had long enough to join the traffic besides going to the end of the slip road

LOL, not a lot of sympathy here for you OP.

AudiChris wrote: »
    LOL, not a lot of sympathy here for you OP.

so it seems! ill resort the aul saying "ah you had to be there..." :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

OP, it sounds like you use this route every day, so therefore you should know the road layout. while I agree with her closing the gap, I don't agree with the abuse you both gave each other. If you must skip que's, be prepared for missing your exit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

OP I travel that slip lane regularly and always see people like yourself flying up the lane trying to pass out slow moving traffic, then forcing their way in at the end of the lane.
    Muppets, and I would have blocked you off also if that's what you were doing.

pvt.joker wrote: »
    OP I travel that slip lane regularly and always see people like yourself flying up the lane trying to pass out slow moving traffic, then forcing their way in at the end of the lane.
    Muppets, and I would have blocked you off also if that's what you were doing.

dont assume i do this all the time, this was one occasion i happened to end up at the end of the slip lane.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,638 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

no matter what you say OP, it sounds like you were skipping the queue, especially if the queue of traffic in the lane you wanted to be in was travelling at a slower speed.

No sympathy for you, I wouldnt have let you in either.

Oh and if you think we're a bunge of begrudgers, have a listen to Live Drive on 103.2fm in the evenings who regularly advise not to be letting chancers skip the queue either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭hawker

was coming onto the m50 about 6 yesterday evening at ballymount heading northbound. was coming to the end of the cones/bollards trying to squeez into the lane, this woman, english reg focus sped up to block me...yes sped up!!!! the traffic was only moving at 5/10 mph... so anyway i was gonna basically crash into the cones, so i said <SNIP> this and aggressively pushed in..she backed away screaming abuse!!! ...the traffic is crawling what is her problem...man i went mad! Im very curteous on the road and would never be that <SNIP> as to speed up to block someone off!

if ever i need a punch bag to vent my anger it was then!!!

rant over :D

caveat:"would never be that <SNIP> as to speed up to block someone off" ... unless its some tosser weaving and bobbing in and out of lanes!

Did you have your indicator on at the time?

hawker wrote: »
    Did you have your indicator on at the time?

of course.

ok i've calmed down now, im off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭hawker

Easy now. No barging:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

If you were joining the M50, then the existing traffic had the right of way.

Whether they did/didn't give you room to join is completely their decision. Whilst it might have not been courteous there was nothing wrong with it.

Any fault is yours - for forcing your way out and for flipping your lid.

Sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Moral of the story, when trying to skip ques and get flipped off for doing so, do not come on boards looking for sympathy, you will only get flipped off even more....:cool:

Advertisement