Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Irratates you?

Options
  • 30-07-2008 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭

What petty thing's in life really grind your gears. Sitting out having dinner last night and I suddenly became very aggrovated by a guy sitting accross from me eating like a god damn pig. The noise of him eating was discusting chomping up and down with his mouth open, guzzling, spitting everywhere , crunching. I actually wanted to get up and smash his ****ing face into the table about ten times and throw him out the 3 story window...it's good to vent.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Bad spelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Dord wrote: »
    Bad spelling.

+ a million!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

People who can't pronounce words.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,954 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

C*nts in 10mph tractors on country roads. Even bigger c*nts in 10mph cars on country roads. There is one guy in particular who i meet on my way home from work everyday. I've often been tempted to ram him just so i could get a few days of peace when he's getting his car fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Irishcrx wrote: »
    What petty thing's in life really grind your gears. Sitting out having dinner last night and I suddenly became very aggrovated by a guy sitting accross from me eating like a god damn pig. The noise of him eating was discusting chomping up and down with his mouth open, guzzling, spitting everywhere , crunching. I actually wanted to get up and smash his ****ing face into the table about ten times and throw him out the 3 story window...it's good to vent.

I'm with you on this.

But we have to wonder, what do we do to piss other people off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

+1 for the noisy eating, close your mouth will you!

Oh and people who ask 50 bloody questions! So annoying!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

People who are unnecessarily nasty to sales assistants in shops and don't even seem to realise it matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

C*nts in 10mph tractors on country roads. Even bigger c*nts in 10mph cars on country roads. There is one guy in particular who i meet on my way home from work everyday. I've often been tempted to ram him just so i could get a few days of peace when he's getting his car fixed

+ a million aswell!

There's a mini-bus that I get stuck behind about 3 mornings a week on the N81. All good and well if you're the second or third car in the row and can overtake, but a f*cking NIGHTMARE if you're 20th back in the row of equally frustrated drivers all stuck behind him.

His company name and number are on the van and I've often been sorely tempted to ring them and tell him to hurry the f*ck up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

6th wrote: »
    I'm with you on this.

But we have to wonder, what do we do to piss other people off?
    I have a habbit of blowing smoke in peoples direction sometimes which although doesn't bother me (being a smoker and all) I know others don't like it. Was told I did it (never noticed) the other week and been making sure not to do it any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Irishcrx wrote: »
    having dinner last night and I suddenly became very aggrovated by a guy sitting accross from me eating like a god damn pig. The noise of him eating was discusting chomping up and down with his mouth open, guzzling, spitting everywhere , crunching.

I split up with a really nice guy for this reason. Perfectly nice in every other way, but I felt like running screaming from the table whenever he would eat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kelator

People playing with their ringtones on the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

1) stupid as foook people
    2) Ignorant - like rude - people
    3) Selfish/ self absorbed/ self obsessed people
    4) People who play head games - men & Women that is
    5) bad drivers - now i mean ban them from the road dangerous bad drivers-
    6) Having to repeat myself coz someone wont listen
    7) people who are unprofessional

i can go on....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

People (usually 2 or 3) who walk slowly on a path and then just stop, not moving out of the way for anyone.

People who rev their engines or who let up the handbrake to get you to cross the road quicker.

Drunk wild women - they trash everything, usually insinuate fights between lads and then get away with the lot of it.

Hippies

People who start fights for no other reason than to make themselves look hard. I know a few lads like this and since they're tiny I call it "The Small Man Syndrome"

People who think they know more about your profession than you do.

People who quote Family Guy and Monty Python constantly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

SDooM wrote: »
    People who are unnecessarily nasty to sales assistants in shops and don't even seem to realise it matters.

1000% agree...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

PEOPLE THAT WON'T LOOK WHERE THEY'RE GOING :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

I have a habbit of blowing smoke in peoples direction sometimes which although doesn't bother me (being a smoker and all) I know others don't like it. Was told I did it (never noticed) the other week and been making sure not to do it any more.

A fella I was in college with (Bob) broke his friends nose for doing that! Before the smoking ban came in they were sitting in a bar and yer man was unintentionally and probably unknowingly blowing smoke in Bob's face. Bob asked him to watch where he was blowing the smoke; that it was going straight into his face. The friend did it again, but this time on purpose. Bob told him to seriously stop or he'd smack him if he did it again. The friend did it again. Bob threw a punch and landed yer man flat on his back with a broken nose. Lesson learned!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

SDooM wrote: »

Funny you should mention that , I saw a guy in a certain north dublin supermarket completely abuse a deli assistant last week for nothing at all here's how it went.

Guy: " Can I have a chiken roll, egg mayo on it yeah?"
    Assistant: Yeah sure...

(Goes to get it)

Guy: "Is that alright??cheeky ****er...blah blah"

WTF like????

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

People who pull up outside someone's house and beep their horn to let them know they're outside waiting.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I am with the eating folk. So much so at lunch times at work I am very selective about who I sit with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Agree about noisy eaters!

People who are rude for no reason, and people who lie drive me mad :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

When queueing in the bank or Post Office and someone is standing about 1 inch behind you, urrgghh, I can't stand that feeling of someone brushing against me. BACK OFF people, its not going to make the queue move faster, but it does significantly increase your chances of getting a smack. Or in my case, a large handbag being swung over my shoulder and bashing you.

Ignorant fvckers that don't give a sh!t about anyone else or their surroundings. Like...

- people that drop litter cos they're too fvcking lazy to hang onto it til they pass a bin.
    - people that steal from other people, be it cars, pick pocketing, whatever else or breaking into their houses and stealing their hard earned and sometimes irreplaceable positions cos they're too fvcking lazy to get anything for themselves honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Girls who walk slowly. If you're in the same group, it takes an age to go anywhere, and if you're stuck behind them, its probably worse. They put no effort into trying to go a bit faster, its the one thing I really hate!

oh - and bad drivers. Was driving up from Cork last weekend on the M8 and there was a fella on an empty road driving in the over-taking / fast lane in front of me doing the flat 120 with no one inside him or on the road ahead. I came up behind him and patiently waited for him to pull over. Nothing. I flashed him once. Nothing. I flashed him a few more times. He gestures back to me to go around the inside of him!!! I was in a rage a drove along side him on the inside to gesture at him that he should be in the slow lane. He roars back at me and speeds up. Then slows to his 120 again. In the end I was forced to under take him. Prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭lolly22

Racists

Injustice

People who are really rich , and wont give me money:P

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

****ing everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Airport security with their petty and increasingly stupid demands and sour faced attendants. Like: Making people take off their shoes and walk barefoot on dirty carpets that thousands of others from all over the world have already walked barefoot on. Like taking a pair of spring loaded nail clippers off an old lady in case she hijacks the 'plane with them. Like demanding the forfeit of a cigarette lighter, so that you have to go buy a new one just round the corner in the duty free. Like dumping a plastic tray down in front of you and grunting "take off your belt." Like the endless harassment over loud speakers telling you you cannot smoke, face death by a thousand cuts if you leave your bag alone for a moment ("Passengers are reminded...." in an irritating, recorded female voice like a nagging mother in law). And the final stupidity at our local airport, insisting that the pilot goes through the same security procedure. If he is going to hijack the bloody aircraft, who in hell is going to stop him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

sickness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

people who chew gum while talking to you
    people who spit on the street
    people being late

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

People who exhibit the crowd dynamics of sheep: eg people who congregate/stop to chat in busy areas oblivious to the fact that they are causing a large obstruction.

You see it a lot in pubs, where groups of people assemble in walkways, while open areas are available 5 feet away

Advertisement