Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Irratates you?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Threads about what irritates people is what irritates me the most!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Sally Cinnamon

People saying "sorry" when really they mean "excuse me" - when trying to get someone's attention for example :mad: What are you sorry for?????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well, they're sorry for bothering you..

seems pretty self explanatory to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

When you organise meeting a few friends and cancel last minute.

P****S me right off.

Im done trying to organise anything! :mad:

*Mini Rant, apologies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

People saying "sorry" when really they mean "excuse me" - when trying to get someone's attention for example :mad: What are you sorry for?????

Excuse me does not sound natural at all when I say it for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Excuse me does not sound natural at all when I say it for some reason.

+1 It sounds patronising when I say "excuse me" to someone, or impatient

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

Gay guys who assume that all straight men can be turned and completely fail to understand that some guys just don't have any interest in scoring a man (revolutionary concept, I know).

happened to me last night... I very nearly decked the cnut but I wasn't sure if it would be misinterpreted as a homophobic act... when actually he was just a spastic, first and foremost.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Car alarms that beep when you put them on. Feck sake, why do you need a beep to tell you it's locked, you just pressed the button didn't you?! My neighbour's is mad loud :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

There is this certain battyness that comes with old women. They are off the charts rude and paranoid. Supermarkets and public transport are two hot-spots for them.

Im also going to have to go with the noisy eater thing, v distracting :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭david_the_great

Phlann wrote: »
    Gay guys who assume that all straight men can be turned and completely fail to understand that some guys just don't have any interest in scoring a man (revolutionary concept, I know).

happened to me last night... I very nearly decked the cnut but I wasn't sure if it would be misinterpreted as a homophobic act... when actually he was just a spastic, first and foremost.

straight guys who think that all gay men fancy them- this happens to me all the time- :D

but you have a point and i hate it too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭david_the_great

-Noisy eaters
    -Slow ATMers, especially those who use 3 cards, and even when the money comes out, spend 2 minutes putting it into their wallet carefully and slowly putting the wallet in their bag. AGHHH!!!
    -Rude, ignorant customers who look down on me, expect the impossible, act as if I make up store policy, or just the really ungrateful/annoying ones. Prime offenders- middle-aged menopausal women, eastern-europeans (they need a lesson in how to shop basically), and skangers, the older type who can get reallly threatening.
    - Tourists on Grafton Street, especially those who walk 6/7 abreast so it's impossible to get around them. Normally I will walk via Chatham/Clarendon street, but a lot of times I need to go via Grafton Street.
    - In the same vein, Spanish students who mill around in groups of 70 which wouldn't be so bad if they moved out of the way but NO, so when you're forced to push your way though, they act as if you've just punched them in the face.
    - Street entertainers (really just the guy who dances with the puppet to waltzes etc.) who make their circle so wide that the crowd are standing against shop windows and it's soooo difficult to get through.

I am not an ignorant shop assistant :)

i agree with your puppet one- he made the puppet kick a van today for going through- ?!?!?!?!?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

One more i've thought of - girls who take forever to take a p1ss in pub toilets. Its bad enough that there is ALWAYS a queue but even worse when it takes every girl f*cking forever to have a wee.

Seriously, what the hell do they be doing in there??!!!

aaaaaaagggghhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Tri wrote: »
    girls who take forever to take a p1ss in pub toilets.
    Seriously, what the hell do they be doing in there??!!!

As one of the girls usually stuck in the que, theres little else you can do bar observe your surroundings. I'll let you into a secret. They don't all pee/wash/leave. They pee, hand loo roll under the stalls to one another, wash hands, apply more slap while bitch/talk shyte in general, rinse hands again, more shyte-talk, leave - then tell you there was only one toilet working and the que was the worst they've ever seen it, and threaten to never come back to such an establishment again.

/fin.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

straight guys who think that all gay men fancy them- this happens to me all the time- :D

but you have a point and i hate it too!

Thank you!

I wouldn't care normally, somebody hitting on you is usually a compliment, but this fecker was just so aggressive about it.

I guess there's guys like that on both sides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Tri wrote: »
    One more i've thought of - girls who take forever to take a p1ss in pub toilets. Its bad enough that there is ALWAYS a queue but even worse when it takes every girl f*cking forever to have a wee

I spent 30 minutes in the girls loo the other night. Just doing my thing.

I see nothing wrong with it.

The guards and the judge did.

Sexual offenders register indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

spineless people
    egotists
    bureaucracy with stupidity
    iarnrod eireann
    bus eireann
    politicians---spineless and egotistical
    morons who shout/slag a lot at other people they don't even know
    walking behind people who are slow walkers
    excuses for the way things are
    unfunny jokes that everyone else laughs at (I don't haha)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

caoibhin wrote: »
    I spent 30 minutes in the girls loo the other night. Just doing my thing.

I see nothing wrong with it.

The guards and the judge did.

Sexual offenders register indeed.

LOLLL!!!

Brilliant.:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

When you are offline for a day or two and there are five pages of recent threads that you have missed out on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Crooked number plates on new cars. Lazy b*******.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭dave.omeara

People who can't figure out how to use the indicators on their cars.

Good God, it's not rocket science, well unless you're not driving your own car and the controls are reversed, we all know how traumatic it can be to discover it, and then the trouble with trying to remember to use your other hand to indicate is just to much, what with all the other things that you have to concentrate on while driving, and God help if it starts raining at the same time because then you'll just have to pull over until it stops because now everything is backwards and the world will soon be ending.

Ahhhh, rant over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,232 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

"You know what really grinds my gears..." Loved that in Family Guy.

Anyway,

Pedantry.

Hypocrisy (of which I'm the worst offender).

People who think hip hop and dance isn't music.

Celtic fans.

Grammar fanatics.

Eurosceptics/phobes.

Bad comedians (I feel dirty for laughing at their jokes).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭McSandwich

Drivers who use their hazard lights when they should be using their indicators. Are they just indecisive people or do they genuinely feel that they might be a danger to other road users every time they have to pull in and stop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Where do I start..

*Loud/badly behaved kids...especially in restaurants and on public transport
    *Drunken idiots (ie hens and stags) on the Kilkenny train
    *99% of other road users, you know the one's who feel they dont need to indicate, who make up their own rules for roundabouts and tailgate.
    *Football
    *Pub culture
    *All radio stations except for Radio 1
    *All pop music, dance music, rap and indie (I love to generalise!)
    *Queue jumpers
    *Mobile phone ringtones
    *Tracksuits
    *Loud eaters
    *Women in packs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

people who take ages using the atm
    people who take ages paying for stuff in supermarket/newsagent
    people who stand at the bus stop for 15 minutes and wait til the bus comes before ruffling around for change
    people telling you something you already know as if it's breaking news

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

People who assume they are more intelligent than me because they have "academic qualifications"- fook you!! While you spent 8 years being mammied by bridie in digs i got a life education, cnut.

I really dislike fanboys....

People who complain about being overweight and yet do fook all about it.....

People who force their opinions on you regardless whether you want them or not.

Whem your in a cinema, and the yung un 2 seats to your left keeps answering her phone to tell people that she is in the cinema and cant talk..........

Anyone over the age of 50 who thinks its their god given right to tell me how i should live my life....

When you walk into a room and someone says "oh, there you are"- really? Am i? Well thank you for that!!

Every halo player in the 13-20 demographic, regardless of where they live, will be a complete moron.

Cold callers.

Really bad actors/singers/comedians.

/End communication

Nightwish wrote: »
    *99% of other road users, you know the one's who feel they dont need to indicate, who make up their own rules for roundabouts and tailgate.

Jesus I never thought about it that way but it is actually 99% isn't it. What a country!

People who drive their cars onto the roundabout rather than stopping where the line is effectively completely blocking your view if your on the inside and a hazard to roundabout users moving into or on the left lane. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

"You know what really grinds my gears..." Loved that in Family Guy.

Anyway,

Pedantry.

Hypocrisy (of which I'm the worst offender).

People who think hip hop and dance isn't music.

Celtic fans.

Grammar fanatics.

Eurosceptics/phobes.

Bad comedians (I feel dirty for laughing at their jokes).

Can you be my new enemy? Seriously? I love pedantry.. it's so tied in with grammar too, another one of my favourite things! Hip hop isn't music (ex. John Legend, he is a 'legend'), neither is the rap that has been coming out recently (exception Common). Some dance is music, but not the Micky Modelle/Cascada ****e. Paul Van Dyke, Snap, Haddaway, Robin S, all the early 90's stuff is real dance..

Dave147 wrote: »
    Can you be my new enemy? Seriously? I love pedantry.. it's so tied in with grammar too, another one of my favourite things! Hip hop isn't music (ex. John Legend, he is a 'legend'), neither is the rap that has been coming out recently (exception Common). Some dance is music, but not the Micky Modelle/Cascada ****e. Paul Van Dyke, Snap, Haddaway, Robin S, all the early 90's stuff is real dance..

Your statement on music is ridiculous. I don't like alot of those artists you mentioned and tend to be more into underground stuff and if you want to be pedantic about it here's a definition of music...

Definition of music: an artistic form of auditory communication incorporating instrumental or vocal tones in a structured and continuous manner.

There's this guy I know that argues over stuff like this just for the sake of an argument. "Oh, what you listen to isn't real music because there's no instruments" and the like.

What a knob he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sarah-bear

- People who sit really close to you on a bus, and read your mag/paper whatever over your shoulder - really p****s me off!!

'- People who always have to one up you - as in your'e telling a story but theirs is soooo much better!! (my d**k is bigger than yours syndrome)

- People who don't listen to you, just waiting for their turn to talk

- People who answer the phone 'nnnnnnyelllow????'

- Girls who wear a size 8, but should be wearing a size 18...Its just not flattering!!!

-When its 5 o' clock and your'e half way out the door, and you boss calls you back for some meaningless task that'll take a poxy hour!!!

Advertisement