Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 3PAY Price Plans

• 30-07-2008 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

So is it true that we will be hearing of a new 3PAY price plan to rival the other networks? Some people have mentioned that something will be launched in early August.

They may have a big job of trying to 1UP on the other plans that are available from competing networks. In order to be the "best" they would have to at least offer calls for under 29c p/m with free texts to any network, because like mentioned before, not many people would be interested in a free calls and texts to all 3 customers, simply because they don't have a large market share yet.

Only thing is, maybe they will offer free calls and texts to all networks...with limits of course. For example, 60 anytime any network minutes and unlimted free texts to any network for €20 a month.

Or maybe:
    • €20 for free texts to any network
    • €30 for free texts and 60 any network minutes

So that's my guess on the talk of the new 3PAY plans, does anyone ese have an idea of what it may consist of, or what you think they should offer in order to really get people's attention?

EDIT: Details of new 3 offer:

For 99c a day (€6.93 per week) you get 700 texts, which can be used over a maximum of 7 days and 200 weekend voice minutes to any network.

Other costs:
    Calls to any Irish network, picture & video messages:30c
    Texts to any Irish network: 10c

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭apollodjs

3 already sort of do free calls and text to 3 using skype / msn for 10e per

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

60 any network minutes seems very little....i'm sure 3 would give you a lot more than that, not sure that's what there planning but it would definatley make 3 pay a lot more appealing as none of the other networks offer free talk time to other networks......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Found out what it is (sorry cant say, sworn to secrecy and my mate who told me knows I post here under walkman). Really great offer much better than the current offer. Not long to wait now until all is revealed :cool: Although it being 3's new plan i am sure most here will rubbish it no matter what.

I'm just wating for someone to mention customer care as usual.....

For the next person to give about customer care would they please post a picture of a Rose without a thorn first:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

60489.jpg

it's shite :D

• Advertisement

Ha ha.

Walkman wrote: »
    Found out what it is (sorry cant say, sworn to secrecy and my mate who told me knows I post here under walkman). Really great offer much better than the current offer. Not long to wait now until all is revealed :cool: Although it being 3's new plan i am sure most here will rubbish it no matter what.

Give us a little teaser man? can you say what date its due Start Mid End Aug?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

LOL

Your mate knows you post here - does anyone at 3 know he's your mate ?

long_b wrote: »
    LOL

Your mate knows you post here - Does anyone at 3 know you're HIS mate ? :)

No he lives in Dublin and im in Wexford. Launch date is very soon.

Walkman wrote: »
    No he lives in Dublin and im in Wexford. Launch date is very soon.

Friday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Sorry 666 i cant i dont break my promises. Like I said it is are out very soon and its a great offer, beats meteor hands down IMO:cool:

I reckon it'll be the best pay as you go offer when it launches, hold onto your cash for another few days and get yourself a proper 3G phone......

what would make you switch from meteor? Did anything in the above posts get you intrested?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

I'm afraid all me "new price plan, new price plan" energy was used on the lead up to the Meteor launch.

Still, competition is gooood.l

If you like to talk and text to any network you won't be dissapointed, buy one this evening sure if the offer isn't out tomorrow i'd say we'll definatley see it in the next few weeks and with a 14day no quibble money back guarantee you can't go wrong....;)

don't want to comit to buying a three one untill I know the offers, or at least know they're less than 14 days away ;)[/QUOTE]
    Very soon

:D:D

Thats it solitary come join us over here on 3, we really are happy. Why would you want a 2g phone anyway? Is it the 90's again?

• Advertisement

Pick a decent phone that's quick for the internet, advise you to buy from a local store rather than online, you won't have half as much messing with refunds, exchanges etc...and you'll be dealing with a local...;)

http://www.three.ie/store/index.htm

Whats your budget

So what would you like the offer to include?

How about SE k530 or k660. I swap between k660 and w910 and find the k660 a really great all rounder.

I mostly only text too. You would be surprised how quickly you will get used to them.

• Advertisement

Advertisement