Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 3PAY Price Plans

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

New weekly Addon for €6.93 gives you:

700 texts to any network
    and
    200 weekend minutes to any network

What do you think of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭apollodjs

kelzer wrote: »
    I guess this is where the odd figure of 6.93 comes from..?

(€6.93 * 4) / 28 days = 99 cents per day.

Very good or 6.93 / 7 = .99c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

700 texts a week ? Huh ?

I know we text a lot here, but 100 texts a day ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

dmn wrote: »

700 texts to any network
    and

What do you think of it?

LOL why aren't you banned yet:D

long_b wrote: »
    700 texts a week ? Huh ?

I know we text a lot here, but 100 texts a day ?

I met a girl last week who went through 2850 texts in 14 days....

seems crazy but they are out there, just think there's a whole generation after been rared with free texts...they get the shakes when they have to make phone call..

• Advertisement

LOL why aren't you banned yet:D
    Because I wasn't the first to tell of the new price plans:
    apollodjs wrote: »
    I was told the same 6.93e per week for 200min and 700 text other calls costs are going down also so they say anyway.
    lol! And I guess it's ok for ppl to know if 3 customer care are telling us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭kelzer

The minimum monthly spend has gone up to €27.72 from the usual €20 for the other networks. Don't know how this will go down with potential customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

700 texts to any network
    and

What do you think of it?

Its alright. Competitive enough in fairness but 6.93 is an annoying figure. Its a good deal but it doesn't beat other networks offers hands down as has been suggested by some. Its effectively unlimited any network texts and free any network weekend calls for seven days which is good but it would in no way convince me to move back to 3. My 3 months with them was a catalogue of disasters.

So to sum up; "M'eh..."

I think it's a little confusing for some people

kelzer wrote: »
    The minimum monthly spend has gone up to €27.72 from the usual €20 for the other networks. Don't know how this will go down with potential customers.

Yeah but for the extra 7.72e you get any network calls and text.....

• Advertisement

I think it's a little confusing for some people

It seems to me that the sensible and simple thing to do would have been to offer unlimited any network text AND free weekend calls to all networks for 30 days for 20euro (or even 25euro).

Yeah but for the extra 7.72e you get any network calls and text.....

Any network weekend calls only.

jordainius wrote: »
    It seems to me that the sensible and simple thing to do would have been to offer unlimited any network text AND free weekend calls to all networks for 30 days for 20euro (or even 25euro).
    I woud have to agree.
    Even unlimted texts for €20 per month
    or
    Unlimited calls and weekend texts for €25 like you said.

At least that way people would have an option. And it makes 3 seem more generous. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭kelzer

€6.93 is a bad and confusing figure to be advertising unless they are going to go with the 99c a day.

Any network weekend calls only.

Where did you here it was weekend calls?

If the 6.93 is deducted from the credit balance then to be honest I don't really think its that good an offer at all because at least Meteor/Vodafone/O2 let you keep the 20 euro you need to top up with to activate their offers.

I met a girl last week who went through 2850 texts in 14 days....

When did she eat?? And sleep??:confused:

When did she eat?? And sleep??:confused:

it works about 8.5s text an hour......any girl could do that easy if she put here mind to it....thank god Mrs Monkey dosen't text...

I was informed directly from 3 that it is weekend calls only

Admittedly I have no idea, but I don't see why I shouldn't take dmn's word on it!

Admittedly I have no idea, but I don't see why I shouldn't take dmn's word on it!

Didn't see dmn's post

• Advertisement

If the 6.93 is deducted from the credit balance then to be honest I don't really think its that good an offer at all because at least Meteor/Vodafone/O2 let you keep the 20 euro you need to top up with to activate their offers.

Don't agree, it's a great offer....

let's say your on Vodafone and i'm on 02, you call me for 200 minutes at the weekend, that's going to cost you €79

If i'm on 02 and I call you on your vodafone that will cost me a whopping €98

If our friend on meteor calls us it will cost him €58

If our friend on three calls us for 200 minutes that will only cost him €6.93

What's expensive about that?

source

http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/prepay/current/

http://www.meteor.ie/personal/pay_as_you_go/

http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Shop/Phones/Price+plans/Speak+easy+prepay/Unlimited+Free+texts

I'm really interested to find out what their standard calls are dropping to. Might try their customer care thing again...

Looks like they have either gotten a good telling off about giving out info or maybe they are pissed off with loads of people asking them the same question but this is what I got just a few mins ago: (note: it was the same guy that gave me all the info this morning)
    [Operator 1] Welcome to 3 my Name is (removed this just incase) How may I help You ?
    [Visitor] Hi, I have a quick question about the new 3pay addon starting tomorrow with 700 texts and 200 mins
    [Visitor] are these mins for weekend only?
    [Operator 1] We dont have much info about the same, but you will be informed about the same from our website http://www.three.ie.
    [Visitor] can you tell me if the 200 mins are only for use at weekend?
    [Operator 1] I am sorry, as we dont have much info as the product is still not launched. Please check this on our website on 1st August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

They must be getting p**sed off alright, i have tried the chat and when i ask, i get disconnected. Nice way to treat potential customers, i think not!

They must be getting p**sed off alright, i have tried the chat and when i ask, i get disconnected. Nice way to treat potential customers, i think not!

nobody is meant to know, think dnm let the cat out of the bag and probably got some poor chap sacked, expect a wall of silence until tomorrow..

nobody is meant to know, think dnm let the cat out of the bag and probably got some poor chap sacked, expect a wall of silence until tomorrow..

drunkmonkey you should really read back on the thread - correctly!
    apollodjs was the one that first gave details of the offer!

read here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56748626&postcount=60

p.s. neither myself nor apollodjs gave out a name of any 3 staff either, so I'm sure no one got sacked!

I know but I still think you should be banned!! lol:D (aiding and abetting)

what do you think of them anyway?

I know but I still think you should be banned!! lol:D (aiding and abetting)

what do you think of them anyway?

well aren't you just lovely! lol

i'm not too convinced with them, will wait till tomorrow morning and see what the story with standard call charges are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Its decent enough, 2800 texts a month, and 800 mins for €28 to any network, thats not bad at all, once the 'weekend only' for the minutes in a mistake otherwise they will kill the golden goose!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Not long now:cool:

Advertisement