Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 3PAY Price Plans

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Walkman wrote: »
    Not long now:cool:

Getting very close:cool:
    cherry.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Really can't see how the minutes could be anything BUT weekend-only.
    imagine ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

long_b wrote: »
    Really can't see how the minutes could be anything BUT weekend-only.
    imagine ...

would you use 200 minutes on a weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

I get 300 minutes a month on my Meteor bill pay plan and only used 63 this month with only 4 days left. I suppose because almost all my calls are to other Meteor customers, which are free on my plan.

But still I can't imagine it being very easy to use 200 mins in one weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

davton wrote: »

And so it begins!!

• Advertisement

I can't imagine it being very easy to use 200 mins in one weekend[/QUOTE]

Its good to talk!!!
    Is it not better than the previous offer, no?
    As I said earlier, its 3 so they can do no good here anyway

Kinda feel sorry for them really. They have all the financial backing, and being a huge international company should generally help them, but something just hasn't gone right. Some blame their customer service department, but only people that are already with 3 know what they are like. (I have 3pay broadband and also find their customer services not great)

But what is it that stops the masses of people from moving to 3 in great numbers just like some 25000 people moved to O2 in the last quarter (no doubt because of their free texts promotion). I say it's because of their standoff-ish attitude to the Irish market.

They aren't really doing anything to relate to the Irish consumer in their marketing and advertising campaigns. Vodafone, O2 and Meteor all create a 'personal' approach to their advertising campaigns, and fair enough 3 may not want to do this...but it seems to work.

They actually haven't put out tv adverts recently...but hopefully they will change everything with this new promotion in August.

Good luck 3. lol

dmn wrote: »
    They haven't done any appealing tv adverts recently...but hopefully they will change everything with this new promotion in August.

Good luck 3. lol

can't wait to see the TV ads, lol

davton wrote: »

I will this weekend but it'll be switched off next weekend:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Walkman wrote: »
    Its good to talk!!!
    Is it not better than the previous offer, no?
    As I said earlier, its 3 so they can do no good here anyway

Why do you say they can do no good, that's a very defeatists attitude. I dont know if you have seen this poll but three are doing something right.

I also have used them for 3 years for my main number and by in large good a few problems which is acceptable, where they fall is in fixing those problems. As the people who prob use three use more services than on other networks so are often very familiar with the technology and then talking to someone who doesn't know how to fix it and understand what your talking about can be very frustrating to say the least and i think this is where three lack.

I would prob have renewed the contract for a 4th year if it wasn't for the new o2 plans which well save me about €30 a month.
    You prob know this already im sure,, rant over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

potentially only 2 hours left but three were never good at advertising at night, It took almost three quarters of a day for them to update the site to reflect the launch of three's pre pay broadband! Let the madness begin!

3 gained 45,000 (23,000 broadband)
    new customers in the last quarter. Not bad for a network on one is signing up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

What a let down. The reason I'm on prepay is because I don't use that anywhere near that many minutes or texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭frankymail

dmn wrote: »
    I say it's because of their standoff-ish attitude to the Irish market.

They aren't really doing anything to relate to the Irish consumer in their marketing and advertising campaigns. Vodafone, O2 and Meteor all create a 'personal' approach to their advertising campaigns

Good luck 3. lol

Can you please explain to me how a magic genie and a load of flashing faces sayin we are is a personal approach to their advertising. I really would have to dissagree with you with that statement. Three's ad are just the same....

E.G The three cherry ad is pretty much doing the same thing as the genie! Make something funny and unusual thats stand out in the market place and makes people either laugh out loud or shout at the telly when it comes on or when they see it! And thats exactly what they want people talking about it!

The genie campaign is genious and is IMO very effective and will show when meteors quaterly results for this quarter are published! As for vodafone...there ads are only slightly personal with there people dancing on the street and that....wishy washy though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭apollodjs

Its on My3 what a let down calls are 30c anytime and network and texts have gone up to 10c plus you can buy 700 text and 200 weekend voice mins for 99c per day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i really don't think people will like paying a daily fee for calls that can only be used at the weekend. I know it's the same price as if it was a monthly bundle but psychologically people will think they're paying for nothing

the idea of calling it 99c a day is because it seems all the network except o2 now think we're too thick to multiply it by 30 and realise it's actually quite expensive but i think this'll backfire even worse than the rest. With the others they can call it 99c a day because their deals are for internet usage and on days that you don't use it you don't get charged but with this you have to pay every day or you lose the offer. This is a 30 per month add on trying to sound better than it is

it's a good offer though. Won't have me switching but i can see how it would appeal to some and it's definitely better than their old one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Yeah indeed. If you opt in for this new price plan you can't get your 5c calls texts and mms back again. Really bad deal. Might be better than the old one but remember the other networks give you free texts just for topping up 20 euro and then you can use that credit for other things. As i understand it, if you opt in to this new price plan you have to stay on it forever? That means basically you are signing up to spending at least 30 euro per day which does not sound like a normal prepay anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

another thing against it is the fact that the figures are capped. In these days of unlimited texts and on network calls, capped figures of 700 and 200 just don't cut it. Again it's all psychological. They're extremely high figures but figures nonetheless

are the figures definitely weekly and not monthly?

It is definitely 99c per day, it's on my3 now. They call it ThreePay08. Well well, I just topped up by 40 euro..guess i will just use it to extend the broadband €10 per month add on instead..

• Advertisement

In honesty, Ireland is the only market where you can buy broadband bundles with Three? Haven't seen it no their other markets. Haven't done a 100 pc thorough research though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

30c calls, price of messages doubled, free calls that only apply at weekends, a fair usage policy (on messages) considerably lower than what other networks are offering, and unlike the Voda/O2/Meteor offers its a bundle that you have to purchase which will deduct 6.93 from your balance whereas you get to keep the credit required to activate Voda/O2/Meteor offers.

Also, 6.93 for 7 days works out at 27.72 (I think) for 28 days whereas the other networks require just 20 euro for 30 days. I've gotten rather accustomed to spending just 20 a month to be honest- and I don't think I'd be alone in that thinking.

It's ok. Only ok though, just about competes with the other network offers but the people who came on here posting that it beats the other networks offers "hands down" got it extremely wrong in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Any details on the new handsets ?

They have add Sony Ericsson C902 for €349 and LG KF310 for €99, not sure if they are added today, or before this new ThreePay08 deal was out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭apollodjs

Still no detals on there web site for the small print, So to some up they droped calls to other networks to by 5c from 35c to 30c they increased calls to Landlines and calls to 3 by 12c from 18c to 30c and increased texts from 5c to 10c. :(

Also now to get any offer its 99c per day which is basically 30e per month for 700 text a week and 200 mins at the weekend these are not free as we have to buy a bundle to get them which is taken from our credit.

Didn't tesco do something like this at the start for tesco calls and texts and it backfired?

To compare to Meteor topup with 20e get FREE text to any network for 30days and keep your 20e to spend on calls which would work out about 20e/.29c = 68min anytime any network and if you don't use it you can still spend it the next month far better deal.

Bad move by 3 ill consider moving to another network now as a result of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Good to see 3 are still doing their best to keep customers away.

apollodjs wrote: »

Bad move by 3 ill consider moving to another network now as a result of this.

where are you movng to, the meteor deal might be straigh forward but it's not cheaper....

the offer is still not updated on their main site

To always know what you're paying, talk for 30c per min and text for 10c per text to any network, on our new 3pay plan.Plus you can get 700 text messages and 200 weekend voice minutes to call all your friends for just 99c per day. Check it out on three.ie.
    Once you have opted into our new 3Pay price plan you will not be able to opt out.

I love the last line there:

Once you have opted into our new 3Pay price plan you will not be able to opt out.

What kind of addon can you not opt out of...lousy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

where are you movng to, the meteor deal might be straigh forward but it's not cheaper....

This is only a good offer for people who make 95% of their phone calls at the weekend.

If one were to sign up to this offer they will have to top up by at least 30 euro a month. And thats only if you don't make calls on weekdays.

For instance; If I top up by 10 euro a week and I deduct this bundle for 6.93, I get free messages and weekend calls, which is very good. BUT, I now have only 3.07 left in credit which restricts me to making only a tiny bit over ten minutes worth of phone calls from Monday to Friday. So if I spend over two minutes a day on the phone from Monday to Friday I am going to have to top up again by another five or ten euro. So even if I make over 10 minutes of phone calls from Monday to Friday it means that I'm going to have to top up by more than 10 euro a week. That could mean my monthly spend would be closer to the 40-50 euro mark.

Advertisement