Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 3PAY Price Plans

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

details have officially come online on the three.ie site
    http://www.three.ie/priceplans/3pay.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

5c minimum call charge !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

I love this line: "No minimum top up needed"

Hmmm. Well technically you need to top up by 99cent per day :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

If you have credit currently then you can pay for it out of that without topping up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If you have credit currently then you can pay for it out of that without topping up.

Once its not free credit ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

Am I the only one who can't find any details of the offer on three.ie?

yrrag1974 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who can't find any details of the offer on three.ie?

http://www.three.ie/priceplans/3pay.htm

not http://www.3ireland.ie/priceplans/3pay.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

long_b wrote: »
    5c minimum call charge !

Metero and Vodafone are 3cent minium call charge, 02 is 6 cent...

That only applies on connection, if you don't get through or don't leave a voicemail you are not charged.....it's pretty Irrelevant as most calls last more than 6 seconds....

• Advertisement

If you've no credit left, you can still talk and text using your remaining add on minutes and texts, you can also stlll use skype, msn and planet 3

o2 is 5cents

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

davton wrote: »

I seriously must be having a blonde day - where on either of those two links does it show the new "bundle" offer and details of the new call rates introduced today. All I can see if the 5c offer.

That only applies on connection, if you don't get through or leave a voicemail you are not charged.....it's pretty Irrelevant as most calls last more than 6 seconds....

Well I did not know that - leaving a voicemail is free.
    Does that apply if you ring directly to voicemail ?
    i.e. dialing 08X 5XXXXXXX ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I dont think this is a very compeditive offer. I shall be staying with Meteor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭apollodjs

Meteor is a better deal i'd make very few calls at the weekend from midnight friday till midnight sunday to be honest so i'd rather have free text and just pay for the calls out of my 20e credit. Also min call charge is a load of ****e did you ever ring someone and they do not answer your call gets connected to there voicemail which will cost you 5c even if you just hang up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 jjpm

yrrag1974 wrote: »
    I seriously must be having a blonde day - where on either of those two links does it show the new "bundle" offer and details of the new call rates introduced today. All I can see if the 5c offer.

Go to http://www.3ireland.ie/priceplans/addons.htm and then click the large 'Add On' image for 3Pay customer which takes you to (http://www.3ireland.ie/priceplans/addons-3pay.htm).

Fairly buried away for a new promotion...

That only applies on connection, if you don't get through or leave a voicemail you are not charged.....it's pretty Irrelevant as most calls last more than 6 seconds....
    apollodjs wrote: »
    Meteor is a better deal i'd make very few calls at the weekend from midnight friday till midnight sunday to be honest so i'd rather have free text and just pay for the calls out of my 20e credit. Also min call charge is a load of ****e did you ever ring someone and they do not answer your call gets connected to there voicemail which will cost you 5c even if you just hang up.

Difference of opinion here....? Or is it meant to say 'dont' leave a voicemail?

and it would be a little better if it was like o2 weekend from 6 on Friday till 8am on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 jjpm

I have the same problem as yrrag1974 as, unless I followed the links as I previously posted, I can't see the add-on advertised.

davton wrote: »
    Difference of opinion here....? Or is it meant to say 'dont' leave a voicemail?

and it would be a little better if it was like o2 weekend from 6 on Friday till 8am on Monday.

Actually the o2 weekend is Midnight Friday to midnight Sunday, and all public holidays

Actually the o2 weekend is Midnight Friday to midnight Sunday, and all public holidays
    Sorry i was referring to the old speakeasy times, should have made that more clear, which still apply though for anyone not on the experience.
    Also apply pay monthly.

long_b wrote: »

I've corrected that post, what I meant to say was if you don't leave a voicemail, it's free to listen to voicemail...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

This deal does not appeal to me in the slightest. Doesn't compete with any of the other deals for me. I thought it was fairly bad before I knew they'd changed to the new worse prices.

Thank god we don't have to switch, but I was relying on this deal to keep me with 3. It definitely hasn't.

However, I can see how it may be good for some people.

EDIT: Also, when it says you can't opt out, they are obviously talking about going back to 5c texts etc, not that you can't decide not to take the add-on. The add on part is optional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

A poor poor offer ...

So Tesco Mobile, Meteor, Vodafone and O2 have gone down the free add on route ... 3 have gone down the paid for add on route costing around 30 EUR a month for "free" texts and limited mimutes 2 days a week.

It is very surprising how poor this offer is relative to the market - Shows how 3's focus is still broadband and postpay with prepay being their lowest priority.

I know. Given that all the other networks are offering unlimited free texts, the three offer is pretty much the equivalent of paying 99cent a day for 200 weekend minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

dmn wrote: »
    i know we're drifting off topic here, but isn't the screen much smaller than iPhone too? It's available now since November 2007, have 3 any plans for a new model like tocco?

They have the new 8MP LG Renoir now

• Advertisement
Advertisement