Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TT Tonight but a bit sick ...

Options
  • 30-07-2008 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭

I think I might have some kind of bug. Was weak all day yesterday and again today ... I have a TT tonight ... I HAVE to do it ... it's very short just 10miles. Any advice? ( and I don't want to hear 'don't race' ) Would the magic sports beans work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Would the magic sports beans work?

I think they would if you take 'em at the 5 mile mark, the sugar will get you to the end :)

The power of the Zipps will get you through

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

See how you go. If you don't feel well, ease up and take the rest of the course easy. You'll still get the points for showing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

i don't have any advice to give you (what do know about racing :pac:), but if you do go for it, good luck! remember what big sean says "time-trials are all about suffering" - i'm sure that's very reassuring right? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Just softpedal it if you are looking for points for showing up. If you push too hard you will feck yourself. Alternatively I recommend amphetamines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Sure it's only ten miles.. you'll feel better at the end of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    Alternatively I recommend amphetamines.

Seconded :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Oranges. Lots of oranges.

and when all else fails apparently this can help

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Just give it a go and try your best. With a TT it is to an extent just you and the bike. If you think the person behind you seems to be closing swerve all over the road and look back at them menacingly.*

*this may be incorrect procedure, I have never done a TT

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Thanks guys ... maybe they'll just give me the win just for showing up with the Zipps ... :D

Advertisement