Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Warranty Purchase

Options
  • 30-07-2008 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,

I've recently purchased a 3 year old used car in the UK and imported it here. I purchased from a main dealer who originally thought that their warranty would be valid in Ireland. They have now discovered it is not and between us we are trying to find an independent warranty provider in Ireland.

Has anyone been in this situation before/got any advice?

Thanks,

AD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

What make car is it? If it is under three years old it may be still be covered by the remaining manufacturers warranty (depending on make). If not I presume that you got a 1 year dealer warranty with the car and not surprisingly that is not being honoured here.

AFAIK you can get buy warranty cover here but the obviously won't cover you if yo already have a defect! I the defect is serious you could try and get the car back to the UK dealer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Speedy007

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 aodalaigh

Thanks Speedy, that looks promising.

The car is over 3 years old so there is no manufacturer's warranty. There is nothing wrong with it but I have effectively paid for the warranty in the price of the car so I want to get something for it, otherwise I'll be looking for some money back.

Advertisement