Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on Mohammed?

Options
  • 30-07-2008 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭

Mohammed seems to get a lot of anger directed towards him and people saying they hate/dislike him. I honestly don't think he's that bad, for the most part he's decent, has a laugh and doesn't take things too seriously like a lot of people in the house. He's gotten a really raw deal in there so far between 'spitgate' and getting his halal food left out of the shopping budget frequently and seems to be the most 'bullied' housemate -, although perhaps rachael will now get that crown. I think the housemates dislike him so much because he eats but what else is there to do? If i was stuck in that house with nothing to do except listen to people bitch i'd probably be stuffing my face.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

I think he is a pretty decent guy can be cringeworthy to watch at times, i doubt anyone will take his crown for getting the most grief in that house.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

Decent bloke. Doesn't take himself seriously, and has always seemed fair, i.e. formed his own opinions on housemates rather than being lead in a witch-hunt.

Also, all this bullshine about him being 'boring' from Puke's crew is hogwash. I find him thoroughly entertaining. I was pissing myself laughing all the way through the chilli task when he was on screen.

I also have a lot of respect for him. He has been bullied and targeted on numerous occasions (Alex, Dennis, Jen+Rebecca, Dale) and each time he has acted with class and dignity. He doesn't blow a fuse, but tries to take the person aside and talk to them rationally.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭rhapsody

yeah I was watching last night & the king bully Rex was at him. I don't know how Mo doesn't get more annoyed, though maybe he dies a little inside instead... :(

rhapsody wrote: »
    yeah I was watching last night & the king bully Rex was at him. I don't know how Mo doesn't get more annoyed, though maybe he dies a little inside instead... :(

King Bully really? It just seems so easy to throw around the term "bully" people cant seem to have a joke/arguement/disagrements whatever without the word been thrown around.

Other people in the house seem capable of giving and taking some criticism, but Rex dishes it out to people like Mo and Rachel who dont say much back to him. He tried laying into Maysoon about her VT and she shut him up quick enough. Its the way he talks over people and wont give an inch, thats why I would consider him a bit of a bully.
    Of course, the fact that people like Rachel stay there and let him verbally attack them is ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭BreeVdK

But as the psychologist on BBLB was saying today, Rex shows his insecurities and tries to feel more powerful by the way he is constantly barking at housemates like Rachel and Mo as they are weaker and can't verbalise quick enough back to him (esp Mo), Rex doesn't go off on one at any of the other more dominant characterrs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

There is a difference between not being articulate and not lowering yourself to others standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭ChickCool

LolaDub wrote: »
    There is a difference between not being articulate and not lowering yourself to others standards.

strong point

rhapsody wrote: »
    Other people in the house seem capable of giving and taking some criticism, but Rex dishes it out to people like Mo and Rachel who dont say much back to him. He tried laying into Maysoon about her VT and she shut him up quick enough. Its the way he talks over people and wont give an inch, thats why I would consider him a bit of a bully.
    Of course, the fact that people like Rachel stay there and let him verbally attack them is ridiculous.

Mo is a friend of his in the house so of coarse your gonna have a bit of banter with your mates and slag them off. Rachel has been able to stand up for herself in there and isnt afraid to speak back at them which she has done many a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Think he just slags mo off because he's a mate. I thought it was hilarious last night when he was saying what he thought mo was like chatting up women-that five minutes after talking to a girl in a nightclub he'd say'lets go and have sex!!!!':D

• Advertisement

yeah last night with Rex & Mo was funny, and did just seem like banter. Not sure its the same with Rachel though...

I wish it'd shown more of what happened when Mo found out his brother was in the line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Yeah there wasn't much notice about his brother bein in,poor old mo. He's a person i'd describe as 'harmless'. Not a very flattering way of describing someone really.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Flat2dmat

Mo can be very annoying. I think the major thing is that he cannot express himself very clearly so people lose patience in trying to listen to him. He can be very childish and seems to me like he needs to mature a lot more. That task when he'd to eat the chillis - everyone else had to do it too but they didn't make as big a deal out of it as he did. He has no shame either, throwing all that yoghurt all over himself and scoffing food like he's an animal. I can see why they all call him greedy. He seems oblivious to it though - how is that possible?!

Flat2dmat wrote: »
    Mo can be very annoying. I think the major thing is that he cannot express himself very clearly so people lose patience in trying to listen to him. He can be very childish and seems to me like he needs to mature a lot more. That task when he'd to eat the chillis - everyone else had to do it too but they didn't make as big a deal out of it as he did. He has no shame either, throwing all that yoghurt all over himself and scoffing food like he's an animal. I can see why they all call him greedy. He seems oblivious to it though - how is that possible?!

It might seem over the top but that was his way of dealing with it, do you not remember Dale was doin the same curseing and jumping around? Luke didnt even try so were does he get off slaging Mo off :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Flat2dmat

Well, Luke is a whole different story - I can't stand the guy. I bet he's a carbon copy of his grand-dad. He's always been annoying but he's even worse since Rebecca left. All that moping around and saying that the house is boring without her. She was just an attention-seeking loudmouth who kissed him, so that the public would keep her in. Really glad it didn't work out for her. Shows how two-faced she was to kiss Mo, the guy she supposedly hated all along. Luke deserves to evicted this week for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Flat2dmat wrote: »

The greed element of Mo's personality has been the main reason for hms disliking him.(or so they say)
    For the record I dont think Mo is greedy, I think he is probably like a lot of young lads that were the oldest boy at home and always given the biggest meal and seconds because they were growing boys!

I think Mo definitely can be immature and he cannot see that he is being, inconsiderate of others.
    He is not doing purposely thinking i'm gonna have more food that the others, there is no malice in his actions. He just needs to learn to be more considerate of others.

kerash wrote: »
    The greed element of Mo's personality has been the main reason for hms disliking him.(or so they say)
    For the record I dont think Mo is greedy, I think he is probably like a lot of young lads that were the oldest boy at home and always given the biggest meal and seconds because they were growing boys!

I think Mo definitely can be immature and he cannot see that he is being, inconsiderate of others.
    He is not doing purposely thinking i'm gonna have more food that the others, there is no malice in his actions. He just needs to learn to be more considerate of others.

No No he is definately greedy! Kind of makes me cringe sometimes when he does it, for instance when Darnell had Luke make him an egg and he burnt it Darnell ate some of it and then left it there and then Mo sneaks off to it and scoops up the last little tiny bit of it left really shows how bad he is when it comes to food.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

No No he is definately greedy! Kind of makes me cring sometimes when he does it, for instance when Darnell had Luke make him an egg and he burnt it Darnell ate some of it and then left it there and then Mo sneaks off to it and scoops up the last little tiny bit of it left really shows how bad he is when it comes to food.

No, your wrong!!;)
    do you think he would purposely and intentionally deprive others of food to feed himself?
    I dont think so.
    If thats the worst thing Mo ever does in his life he'll be ok...

kerash wrote: »
    No, your wrong!!;)
    do you think he would purposely and intentionally deprive others of food to feed himself?
    I dont think so.
    If thats the worst thing Mo ever does in his life he'll be ok...

Do i think he would intentionally deprive other people of food? No. Would he take more than his fair share yes! He is an absolute glutton. As u said its not the worse thing in the world.

Here is the scene im talking about how come you not cringe watching what he does here and not think he is greedy?? Its a mix of a simpsons episode and big brother just bare with it and you will see what i mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

For sure if i was in that house and had nothing to do but listen to bitching and constantly living on basic budgets i'd eat loads. Sure even the boredom would have you looking for food

• Advertisement
Advertisement