Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running two packs of contraceptive pill together?

Options
  • 30-07-2008 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, feel free to move it mods!

I am going on hols in a couple of weeks and as luck would have it, I am due my period the first week.:mad: I was thinking of taking two packs of pills together to avoid getting my period.

Problem is, it's years since I last did this and can't remember if there was any side effects like bloating, spotting, cramps, none of which you want on your hols!

Any advice? I am on minulet if that makes any difference.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

There's absolutely no problem in running two (or more) pill packets together. I only take a break about twice a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

This falls under "Medical advice" and as such nobody can tell you better than your own GP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Honey-ec wrote: »
    There's absolutely no problem in running two (or more) pill packets together. I only take a break about twice a year.

I'm no expert but are you sure that's right to do it regularly? I'm sure taking them back to back now and again isn't a big deal for holidays etc but doing it almost every month? Surely if that was okay there'd never be any need to take a break?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Clare Bear wrote: »
    I'm no expert but are you sure that's right to do it regularly? I'm sure taking them back to back now and again isn't a big deal for holidays etc but doing it almost every month? Surely if that was okay there'd never be any need to take a break?

It's not really recommended as it can be bad for you further down the line, but it can be done.

I *think* it might have something to do with fertility in the future, it could damage it..not sure though.

That said, I very rarely take my break.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OK, this thread is far too close to looking for medical advice for my liking so I'm locking it.

OP, speak to your GP, they're qualified to tell you about the side effects or dangers of what you're asking, no-one here is.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement