Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

beware hopkins & lockhart in ranelagh

Options
  • 30-07-2008 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Careful of these guys. Got a quote for them to fix up a scratch for 230 which would be painting the entire rear panel and touching up a top panel

came back and my car was on the road with the windows down and the keys in the ignition with no one in sight. Claimed they had just left it out there!

then proceeded to say it would be 250 + VAT as he had to do more. By more he tried to convince me that the rear was actually panel was actually two panels even though there is no visible split. Obviously just one. Came back down to the 230 + VAT. He had never mentioned the VAT before which he has to legally. Anyhow ended up paying 261.05 which was more expensive than all my other quotes and can't believe he tried the two panel trick
    Just be careful if you are going to him and get a written quote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

jessica2 wrote: »
    Just be careful ... and get a written quote

that would be good practice for any bigger job you want to get done.

At the end of the day you paid what you were quoted plus VAT, so I don't think you were that hard done by.

Thread closed before the vultures start circling

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement