Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Self work garage

Options
  • 30-07-2008 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi,
    i have some questions and can't find any infos in the web. I will get a big garage in the next few days. It will become full equipped with tools, car lift, machines, spray boot, sand blast boot and 5-10 work spaces. Now the questions:
    Is it possible to rent out a work place in this garage for other people?
    Does anyone know where i can get infos for a business like this?
    What's about insurance?

What i want is to give people the facility to get into the garage, rent a work place and/or tools and machines and do the work by them self. A lot off people have the knowledge (or they think, that they have), but not place or tools to do service and repair on the own car.

Cheers

Dusty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭blackbox

There used to be a facility like this in Dublin Industrial estate (Glasnevin/Finglas area).

Don't know if its still there or what happened to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Yes a car lift and a pit would be great for working under the car. I'd imagine though the insurance on it would be a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

From what I've heard the cost of insurance can be very high, leading to high costs that scare people off. Any time the subject comes up there seems to be huge interest in it, but it's difficult to get people to commit. There was similar schemes discussed in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

Itd be very handy cant see why it isnt already popular in cities

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Apart from people robbing the tools, the insurance cost to cover unqualified people practice car maintenance on your premises would be very prohibitive!

• Advertisement
Advertisement