Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticknock Apts Blackglen Rd D 18

Options
  • 30-07-2008 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭

Howdy I am going to view an apt share out here later but I just wondered does anyone live there who commutes because I don't have a car and will be using public transport. I know you get the 114 after you get off the luas and I'm not worried about getting lost today because I'm getting a lift. I'm just wondering though if anyone does walk from the apts to the bus stop in the mornings and evenings as I believe the council made an awful arse of the roads aka there aren't any pedestrian walkways on the Blackglen Rd. so some of it may prove tricky if I were to miss a bus etc. I'm going to check it out anyway but if anyone can give me their exeprience who commutes I'd be grateful. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭redved

To get to the Luas, if you miss the bus, you are better off walking thorugh Kilcross estate. This is an old council estate that joins up with the apartment complex. I would imagine it will still take at least 20-25 mins to get to the Luas by foot. I personally think that the Blackglen road is too dangerous to walk down in the direction of lambs cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

redved wrote: »
    I personally think that the Blackglen road is too dangerous to walk down in the direction of lambs cross.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Have you considered getting a bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

Thanks all, for the answers. But having investigated over weekend maybe when it's serviced better by bus it'd be feasible to commute to it. You're better off with a car for Ticknock. You'd be fooked if you needed to get in or out of it and you missed that 114, while sometimes it's feasible to take a bike, but not when you're carrying weighty equipment with you at night. Ta people.

Advertisement